GT2B "baby buffalo" Mod Case (3D Printable Thumb Throttle Case)

Try my mod version with smooth edges, its a lot nicer on the hand.

I think the thumb stick gives better control and prefer it too, but this control could do with some ergonomic changes to make it fit better in the hand. It does occasionally feel like it could slip out of your hand when your thumbs on the stick.

1 Like

I love the Mad Munkey but for my new build I want to give a try to a thumb stick version. I’ll go for a print of the v2. @chinzw, do I print the thumbstick from the v1 version from @Qwiksand ? There are only the case in your Thingiverse folder.

Anyway, thanks guy for your amazing job ! :wink:

Yep, thumb from the original :slight_smile:

Any chance of getting STEP or IGES files of this project? @chinzw or @Qwiksand

I’m building a pair of e-boards for my 7 yr old twins… and I’d like to do some modifications to the files to better suit their needs. STL files are much more difficult to modify.

Best regards,

Steve

Its on Onshape, you can check it out here, it will allow you to download as any format you want.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57f5c25f744ea710bc58aad4/w/25ca58d212d6a669a3232368/e/5f7ab646461154fb00955531

1 Like

@chinzw Thanks. That helped. I was able to download the files. I’ve got 20+ years using Pro/E and Solidworks but onshape looks interesting. I’ll have to give it once over when I can find the time.

I use fusion, but I ported my changes to use the same system as the original files

I wonder, if it’s enough space for arduino nano and hc05 bluetooth module?

Not as it sits, but the files are open source and ready for you to modify :wink:

im planning on using your mod because its more ergonimics but theres no steering pot on it

So I’m looking for a UK 3d printer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

use the pot from the original files

@chinzw @cupo @qwiksand @JonathanLau1983

I printed one of these and started riding with it lately. Really nice controller.

I think I fixed the throttle stick so the steering pot on channel 2 is at 50% by default. Did a 111 degree rotation on the shaft (believe it was at 90 degrees before, it’s been a while since I modified it). Mine shows up around 1.51 to 1.52 or so now.

Try it out and let me know if it works:

1 Like

I’ve tried that already, all that does is move the whole curve “left/right” but it doesn’t move the center point, so you still end up with a biased throttle anyways.

Hi, jut recently i tried a print of the babybuffalo, cause I’m also a Thumb-Person :wink::sleeping:

But for me the Baby is not a Baby anymore, so it feels more to have a grown-up Buffalo-Bull in my Hands - maybe they are too small to hold Buffaloes.

Still I wanted to have a Thumb-Remote, so i decided to Mod my Mad-Munkey to a Thumb-Index-Hybrid.

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/7/5/7501ea7f2945169ad5295f99cf690bab086a8b43_1_666x500.JPG Printed in Woodfill, I love that Stuff, it actually smells like wood, feels like wood, and you can carve it like perfect Linden-wood.

So i carved out a slot for a linear pot (pulled back by a rubberband) it can be used to utilize channel1 for servo breaking, really smooth and fine thumb acceleration,…and whatever.

For me it combines the best of both “remote-worlds” Thumb and Index-Trigger. and the 50mm linear Pot just gives a really long travel for smooth-controlling, compared to the 20° availeable on the GT2B Trigger.

So in case of interest i starte a build-thread: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mmmsb-magura-mad-munkey-servo-break-yeah/30195?u=notger

Hey so I just printed one of these out today and I noticed people were saying that the failsafe is different for the steering pot (motor beeping) Is this issue only with some ESCs or all of them? I’m using dual vescs, and I occasionally get disconnects from my board because of the congested area I live in, and I don’t want to have to bail off my board every time the remote disconnects.

Is this an issue related to the GT2B itself or does it depend on the ESC you’re using?

Quick update: I printed this enclosure out and it’s a pretty good mod, I came from the bad wolf mod so I was kinda disappointed with the size, but It looks like it was pretty hard to get all that stuff to fit in there so I understand.

However there is an issue with the failsafe for the steering channel on VESC. When I tested this on the bench, I held the throttle at a position to get the wheels moving and then shut it off. When I did this, there was a slight delay where the motors kept spinning for a few seconds, then my master motor shut off, and then my slave motor a bit later. This issue has made me roll to a stop while riding, and having to reconnect my remote. I’ve tried this with 2 different GT2Bs, and they both react the same way. Anybody have any idea what’s happening/ how to fix it?

Where I can get one of this Who can make one for me please