GROUP BUY: Upgraded Ownboard ESC + hub motor + remote

was trying to order on mobile today, but the cheapest shipping I saw was $60.

I’ll need your location, and quantity of components. Shipping costs scale with the amount of stuff your order, since the primary metric of assigning costs is through weight.

So we completed a 33 mile group ride today in SF. Was using this:

Banshee drivetrain + 10S2P 30Q battery

Was able to speed up all the hills here, though admittedly I’m extremely light. Easily did stretches of 16 miles of straight riding with this setup. Our charge stops added up to a grand total of 1.5 hrs on a 2A charger.

We’re upping the amperage of this ESC to ensure this bad boy plays nice with heavier weight riders.

@PredatorBoards do you think these can handle 12s? Some guys have succeeded with meepo.

I’m in either way, just trying to decide on how many.

Just curious, what’s the max continuous discharge current?

So continuous discharge has been spec’d by us to be 24A between both motors (12A per motor). The original spec for this ESC was a whopping 9A per motor.

1 Like

@PredatorBoards I was gonna say “in”, but the site is 404ing when I add to cart. Help?

EDIT I see the listing got updated to $200 shipping included.

Yep, so a little update on what’s going on.

Basically we had issues with the shipping costs not matching with the actual quantity of products you order. This problem is compounded with the domestic versus international customers.

So now, we’ve split the listing into two listings. One for US domestic buyers, and one for international buyers. International buyers will have the drivetrain shipped directly to them from the factory in china. US domestic customers will have their drivetrain shipped over to me, and then me to them.

The pricing for these new listings include costs of shipping. You’re not actually paying more, instead the price you see on the listing is precisely what you pay.

1 Like

Is it still possible to order ? I get 404 not found

Empty the cart. Then try buying form the listing for your respective region.

Anyone in the SoCal area (I’m in San Diego) want to go half on a pair of wheels/trucks, It would be about $30 for a front truck with 2 90mm wheels & bearings – of the clone variety. I really don’t want to ship since that would easily add $10-15, so in person would be better.

Ooof. The ‘old’ listing is still live on the mobile website. For now, you can only access the updated listings in the desktop version of the website.

Update: Mobile site is fixed. Shouldn’t be anymore 404 errors.

Here are the updated listings.

Domestic: https://ridepredator.com/shop/usa-banshee-2-0-upgrade-kit/

International: https://ridepredator.com/shop/global-banshee-2-0-upgrade-kit/

Cheers,

Order placed.

edit: will this have the push to turn on feature?

2 Likes

Mmm I wanted 2 sets, but $400 vs my initially perceived $340 dropped me to 1 unit. I may change my mind!

Thanks @PredatorBoards

Do these ESC’s need a heatsink plate?

I know the ownboards use a metal enclosure which acts as one, so not sure if its recommended.

Also do you know if the on/off switch is a momentary switch? or is it latching and stays depressed while on?

They always use such tiny switches, I like to upgrade to a big one, so would like to know since they take forever to come from china.

The ESC is still encased in the metal casing. I think it’s fine for the most part, as it barely gets warm to the touch after prolonged use. The power switch is momentary, meaning the ESC is capable of automatically shutting off if left unattended for a prolonged amount of time.

I’m loving the new ESC in the Banshee, as it literally transformed the ride. Your stance on the board is much more relaxed than before, allowing you to fluidly shift your weight and carve without feeling like you’re going to throw yourself off if you blip the throttle too much. I’ve tried pretty much all the other prolific shortboards, and the throttle is simply unparalleled.

3 Likes

so i ordered black 180mm trucks and black 90mm wheels,

If anyone is interested, $30 shipped (lower 48 USA) will get a front truck, bearings, and 90mm clone flywheels.

I’m trying to nail down specs for the battery pack I’m gonna use for this.

@PredatorBoards you’re using 10s2p samsung 30q in the Banshee, right? So about 40a batttery max? I know you specified 12A motor amps per motor, but at least on vesc, motor amps can (and should) be higher than battery amps.

Do you know if the ESC can handle 12s? I’m thinking this will be a great swapout for my jet spud, which currently has 4 x 3s lipo (it’s a pain to hit 10s with lipos).

Right now I’m considering:

• reuse 4 x 3s1p lipos (12s 5ah)
  • build 10s2p 30q pack (40a discharge)
  • build 12s1p a123 pack (~40a discharge, I have the cells on hand)
  • 2 x 5s1p lipo (probably HK Graphene 4ah, on sale for $50/pc. thick! 65c discharge)
  • 5 x 2s lipo (expensive and bulky for spud)

I highly doubt it can handle 12S, though admittedly I haven’t hooked up a 12S battery pack to test it. I’d second a 30Q battery pack, since you won’t really experience voltage sag until you use up a majority of the capacity.

1 Like