GROUP BUY: Upgraded Ownboard ESC + hub motor + remote

Extremely quiet,

1 Like

think you could do a video? :smiley:

Unfortunately i cant video, i dont have the equipment. But its by far a huge change, i feel completly safe on the board now

1 Like

What’s everyone using for the power switch?

Sounds good! Mind if you take a pic of your board? Im curious to how big it looks now with the wheels

There is already a power switch built into this ESC. But if you wanted you could add a anti spark loop key in between the battery and ESC, then you would have two different switches. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/how-to-anti-spark-xt-90-loop-key/204

Its pretty much plug in a 10s battery, add a front truck and your g2g, right?

There’s a contact or header on the esc, to attach a momentary switch, right? But no physical momentary switch is provided?

EDIT ah nevermind I see the photo, it comes with one on a 4 pin wire. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

I cant even feel the difference between the front and back wheel size difference its such a minor difference. I dont think youll need to change the front wheels to larger ones. Plus if u really want the same size wheels, you can just keep the old motor on, just take care when disconnecting the old esc, cause you can simply reconnect the new esc onto the old motor, keeping the original hub motor wheels, Works exactly the same as the new hub motor, just the wheel size difference is 90mm to the original 83mm.

BTW, i feel the trucks rubbers are much softer than the originals, even after tightening the trucks i felt the new truck was still much looser than the old truck, so you may want to switch rubbers from the old motor truck

awesome thanks mate! :smiley:

hopefully we get them soon, i have everything ready for a drop in fit, so the wait is killing me!

1 Like

Wasn’t the US shipment supposed to be in a week ago :sweat:

any shipping updates on this yet?

1 Like

I second this question!

1 Like

What’s up guys. Sorry for going dark a little bit, lots of stuff has been happening recently on my side (both personal and business related). As of now UPS apparently messed up the manifest (there are 5 individual boxes shipped together). They’re telling me they do indeed have the packages and are just sorting things out. Sorry about the delay, but this was unfortunately out of my control.

3 Likes

Thank you for the progress update! Did they give you any kind of updated time line. Keep us posted, thanks again. I cant wait to complete my build!

I’m told they’ll have it ready “soon”, which obviously doesn’t mean shit in the grand scheme of things. I’ll pry and ask for more concrete answers.

Damnit!!! Oh well, these things happen… thanks for keeping us posted