*Group Buy* Tacon 6374 Outrunner

I like soft neon colours IE 90’s

I’m in for one. I don’t really care about the sensored option.

Is this the same motor @chaka was recently talking about?

Sweet!

8mm shafts I assume?

Black please! or red and black. Black would be the best for everyone i think though.

and yes i want two of them, maybe even four.

So they’ll just make them for you in batches of 20? seriously?

@claudiofiore88 did you discuss shaft length, keyway, or a flat spot on the shaft? it would be cool to have a shaft long enough to support a 15mm pulley if possible.

-yes 200KV or up to 245KV would be great. 10s makes sense as the reference point.

1 Like

@scrant For an extra few dollars, it’s worth having. As for the same motor as @chaka, it could be. I know his is branded as Maytech which @onloop mentioned is a reseller, so the price would be significantly more, I believe. Also, he’s had like 2 other threads about motors that never went anywhere as far as I know.

@cmatson I believe it has an 8mm shaft. That’ll be confirmed when I get an email back.

@longhairedboy They wanted me to order a batch of 100, but I didn’t think there’d be anywhere near that amount of interest, and I don’t have a few thousand dollars lying around.

A keyway was talked about. From my understanding, it’s included in the price that was discussed. This will be confirmed before anything is finalized. What would the shaft length need to be in order to fit a 15mm pulley?

This pretty much retail price? What advantage do we gain by doing a group buy?

well i cant find any tacons anywhere so thats one advantage

1 Like

My point being that anyone can get these prices on short orders through maytech.

The best way to go about something like this is to get a sample first that way you know the spec you give them are going to work. @claudiofiore88

ohh well i guess it would be the keyed shaft, color, and sensored option

1 Like

the benefit is community and friendship :smiley:

2 Likes

Community and friendship is when a group of people buy together from a known source with verified pricing ect… I would be down to buy some of these if the are in fact the next size above the tacon 160 but @claudiofiore88 seems to be dodging that question.

1 Like

he says it right in his first post. also there have been no questions to dodge since none have been asked about the size of the motor, just the shaft…

(forgive me if those two dimensions are directly linked :stuck_out_tongue: )

The source is XYH which was found through http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/brushed-brushless-motors-speed-controls-gear-drives-123/11426913-chinese-factories-make-various-brushless-motor-brands.html. They did confirm they are the manuafactorer of Tacon Motors. A sample would be a good idea.

1 Like

Sounds good! Put me down for 2 motors if they are the larger model. I’ll buy a few more if it help meet the quota.

I’m on…200kw would be nice, red & black looks good or even the original green color.

I’m waiting on a reply from the manufacturer. The pictured motor he sent me looks a bit different than the Tacon 160.

anyway to see that picture?

you think?..

just because a factory says they sell “tacon” doesn’t mean anything… my advice is don’t believe it until you see it. Also, the outside aesthetic of a motor has nothing to do with its quality… Do you want somthing that looks like a tacon? or performs like one? two very different things. It’s easy to make a cheap motor. Also you need to talk about the stator size, not the bell size… its the stator that is important, i have had samples of 6374 motors arrive with half an inch of nothing at the end of the bell…

you definitely need to get a sample (or a few) and thoroughly test the fuck out of it… I suggest getting them to send you a built one & also a completely disassembled one.

… then maybe consider asking people for money…