Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

Yes of course, but that’s not seen as a problem is it? The ‘gearbox’ contains the oil, there’s no chance of leakage unless the housing is compromised…

This would mean one sweet sounding, almost silent dive train!

1 Like

Its In the making now :slight_smile:

Ill post pictures in a bit

2 Likes

Look at the no words just pics thread and someone has posted a pic of there bevel gear setup. It is almost identical to your first model. You might be able to ask him/her is there was any problems building it

I saw that one. I have started a design on a different version. More like the design posted a couple posts up by @darkkevind. I haven’t totally scrapped the other one though

Here is a quick picture of what I have so far:

Doesn’t look like much, but that was a ton of work. In that picture is just the axle for one side. They will be a standard 180mm hangar truck unless I change it later. I still have to design a hangar, a gearbox (this one will be fully encloused :slight_smile: ) and a whole bunch of other stuff. Ill keep chugging away until I fall asleep today and continue work tomorrow :wink:

3 Likes

Make sure to put some sort of small valve so you can remove and change the oil ore grease you will be using

The gearbox will be removable.

When do you think these sets are ready? @GrecoMan

If you use a thicker oil in the differential you have a limited slip differential, it would help when one looses traction, but when i say thicker, is really thick, the ones you turn the bottle upside down and it doesn’t move

1 Like

Its gonna be a little while. Don’t get your hopes up. Probably only a month if I’m lucky

lol this one will be single drive. no differential or anything fancy… yet

LSD will definetly be in order for the dual version though. btw LSD means limited slip differential, not acid :joy:

A nice quick render of what I have so far. Tomorrow will be spent working out how to fit it to a baseplate…

Also sorry about hose horrible reflections… not sure why they are set so high :joy:

3 Likes

why have the wheel gear teeth on the inside and not the outside?

You know, that is one good question. It’s 6am on a Saturday and my mom will murder me if she hears me on my computer so early…

1 Like

looking good little bro!

yeah if nothing else flipping the drive gear to the other side of the motor pinion will make the piece a bit smaller and maybe stronger?

2 Likes

Flipping the drive gear should do both of those things AND should make it symmetrical :wink:

Working on it now

Where do you plan to get the gears from? 3d print will fail

yeah have to remember also there are side loads on a bevel gear along the axis of the axel GM, so it will be easier to reinforce the gear with some kind of triangular brace or solid infill on the wheel side of the drive gear :wink: this way you are pushing the gear on to the printed piece rather than away…

I’m thinking 3D printed for the bigger gear and steel fro the smaller gear. If 3D print fails, both will be steel.