Good Radio Transmitter Hand Controller for use with DIY Electric Skateboard

alright ! I’ve found in a local online store . its GT3C . its not GT2B . will this do ? and its cheaper too . $89 sg dollar : )

buy this one

http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/2-4ghz-radio-hand-controller/

Wii controller unreliable for me so for mini gt2b from diyeletricskateboards.com best of both worlds

the word on 24V OUT1 says “light” 24V OUT2 says “horn”

Does this come with a receiver? It doesn’t say on the product page…

I can answer in behalf @onloop. If you buy from Enertion, it does come with a receiver.

1 Like

Cheers! Thanks very much!

Hello everyone i bought this esc and this wii controller

what will i need more ,to make this work?how can i connect the remote with the esc?

Lol that’s not gonna work for esk8 …

can u tell me why?

How is the wiimote gonna talk to the esc?

You will need a wiiceiver to translate the toggle movements to the esc …

Now that esc … Won’t work for esk8

It’s for a helicopter…no brakes

It’s 60a…at least get something that is 80a minimum

You need to keep reading

:point_down:t2:

this is why i asked ty for info :smiley:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here but wanted to add my own incarnation to the mix:

It’s still a bit of a work in progress but is at least functional and seems mostly safe so far (though use at your own risk and make sure you bench test plenty before giving it a go). Basically I used two nrf24l01 wifi modules and two arduino pro boards to make the transmitter/receiver and the arduino handles mapping values from the potentiometer attached to a trigger (spring loaded) to the microsecond values sent to the ESC via the “PPM” port. Will post more details and updates in the coming weeks as I smooth over rough edges. On the plus side it uses only 1 LiPo battery as opposed to the stack of AA batteries in my previous remote and has a built in USB charging port for said LiPo (based on a bit of testing the wifi and arduino pro were only pulling about 18mA so a 850mAh battery should last a while without charging).

Let me know if anyone has any ideas for improvements or things you’d like to see added to it… since I have the micro controller on both ends could do some more fancy things with feedback and lighting and such but nice how it is just sending 8 bit data along without any complications.

3 Likes

I was thinking of doing just this for my new controller, but now the code is done for me! I think I will change the design though as I want to use a slide potentiometer to adjust the speed, a push to make switch to confirm the user is holding the remote and a no move button (for traffic lights). The braking lights on the bottom of my board will be controlled by a switch on the underside of the board as I won’t be turning on my lights when skateboarding.

I made a new shell for the flysky radio. Download the 3D print here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2643888

Good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the contribution, be careful, it’s starting to look more like a gun

I have seen the Koowheel remote and it looks amazing. https://personalelectrictransport.co.uk/shop/accessories/electric-skateboard-accessories/koowheel-electric-skateboard-remote/ It stays in ur hand and looks sick, how could it be connected, if at all??

The koowheel remote does look cool.

So does the swagboard remote:

Not sure how to make these work for diy. I’d like to see a modded VR remote, like this:

I shared plans on my DIY trigger style remote here for those interested.

Hm, it’s an interesting thread. I read through all of this thread thinking that i will have a clear answer on what remote will be compact and reliable, but i have not arrived at that conclusion. Ive build a hanfull of boards using this simple/cheap esc/remote combo (a.k.a. Esc substitute). For flat Florida, this works well.

There are a lot of different versions of this product floating around the internet. Ive never had an issue with signal loss between transmitter and teceiver. The board has never suddenly stopped sending my face into warm florida asphalt. The receiver is built into the esc circuit. The transmitter has battery gauge for the skateboard battery (pretty accurate i may add), three speed options, fwd/reverse button. All the eboards i used this esc in, ive never had rc signal issue.

Esc im trying out now (fvt sleeping lion esc 5s-12s) requires a separate transmitter/receiver combo. Everything i tried so far keeps on dropping signal. (ive tried 2 mini remote/receiver combos, and one full size remote). This board clocks at 27 mph and i dont think i can run this one out. I will try g2b remote next.

Im confused on why a $60 esc/remote combo (dual motor 60a or 30a per motor) can resolve the connectivity problem, where as some remotes that cost more than $60, are still not reliable.

Here are the remotes that did not work for me: