Getting comfortable on eSk8

No boards on the market have dual 6374 :yum:

3 Likes

I suggest position your feet differently, try out some new things (ex. Put your feet at 2 opposite corners of the board for easy steering at low speeds) if Im even making sense

people often forget about correct footwear, I see the most insane shoes and trainers in movies - the better you feel your deck thru your soles the better control you have - wearing shoes designed for skating not hillwalking or running will increase your confidence.

3 Likes

Agreed. Footwear is totally overlooked by most. Good pair of kicks can change your whole world.

2 Likes

Get some good skate shoes, plenty to choose from and they make a world of difference. I prefer the vans half cab and soft Nike SBā€¦

2 Likes

Metroboard?

2 Likes

I have a commercial board with dual 6374, itā€™s a Metroboard

Power Combined 6000 Watts Peak / 1200 Watts Continuous Dual Brushless 6374 Outrunner Motors https://metro-board.com/shop/41-metroboard-dual-drive-electric-longboard-stealth-edition/

2 Likes

So far Iā€™ve been feeling pretty comfy in my blundstones. I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m standing on stilts above the board if thatā€™s what you meant. @ARetardedPillow I think I know what you mean. I try to get my feet right into the ā€œpocketsā€ at either end of the deck.

If I were to buy a production board. It would likely be a metroā€¦ Theyā€™re pretty nice and actually live up to most of thier specs.

2 Likes

:scream:

get some real skate shoes bro, Iā€™m digging these atm:

https://www.concretelines.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Adidas-Busenitz-Vulc-ADV-Black-White-Shoes.jpg

will be night and day more feel and grip than your blundstones

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0841/6785/products/500_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493132365

1 Like

The Globe Tilt shoe in black is freaking amazing. Donā€™t use anything with heels and donā€™t use high-top

Those are nice! The trick to great shoes for skating is a nice flat sole. Itā€™s like upgrading the bushings on your trucks. Usually overlooked, but makes a HUGE difference in the way the ride feels.

look at just about everything @Mattmccrary8 and donā€™t do it.

It sounds like youā€™re taking everything slow, which is perfect. Itā€™s pretty normal for right-foot dominant people to put their left foot forward on a deck. If you try riding the other way you may feel like youā€™re going backwards.

As for the turning issue- hereā€™s where youā€™ll wanna have a little bit of speed. By going slightly faster, youā€™ll have more inertia which will hold you to the board as you go around the corner. Iā€™d recommend finding a non-powered board (longboard is ideal, but a traditional skate deck would work in a pinch) and practicing carving. Find a small/shallow hill and practice working each side of turn. Wear your helmet/gear and youā€™ll pick up riding pretty quickly.

Plenty others have mentioned the benefits of proper skate shoes, so Iā€™ll just tell you to go buy a pair of vans/nike SB/globe tilt/etc. Youā€™ll really feel the difference.

Finally, nice build! I just looked through your build log and that board looks awesome. Well done.

God, Iā€™d love to see you ride and a lot of others ride. Iā€™m consistently riding over 30mph and do it 3-4 times a week for the past year and havenā€™t crashed :shushing_face::shushing_face:

Youā€™re 14 or 15 years old right? You should be outside man or in some kind of activity. I was working out, chasing girls, playing football everyday.

3 Likes

I often ride at above 30mph in bursts and have never fallen at that speed but I have fallen at 20 and I donā€™t take it lightly I wear full gear when I know Iā€™m going on a ride cause I know Iā€™ll ride fast lol

Edit I have huge feet size 16 men (US) so Nike SB have the best options for me and I love all my Nike shoes.

who the hell are you to be telling me what to do in my spare time? sorry iā€™m not a health obsessed fuckboi like you were :woman_shrugging:

now go snort some protein powder and calm down

6 Likes

niiiiiiiice who did I offend with that?

2 Likes

Not at all. You just always throw extra shade.