General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Anybody know the process to transfer a preorder to someone else? Aka, anybody done it yet?

Caveat, haven’t reached out to Carvon via email yet, but not that hopeful on that front.

@Exiledd_Top any suggestions on how to make this happen easily? It is going to another very active forum member if that makes a difference.

Am not really in charge of those stuff but what will happen is you will get a confirmation email to make sure address and everything is correct and you can just change it . As too transferring not sure.

hey Exiledd_Top do you know if carvon has any plan to release a 4wd speed XL evo?

I have no idea most likely not l.

Yes those wheel sizes for the various Carvon drives helps one decide which model,to get… “You are right torque drives can take 107’s I was referring to speed r set ups Speed r 2wd 90-97 Speed XL 2wd 90-107’s Torque drive 90-107’s”

The only video I could find that helps understand hill climbing ability is on You tube,

By Exoboard Carvon EXO uphill test, loaded 1 month ago

Brief video, dimly lit, showing what looks like Carvon v4 dual hub torquedrive 2wd going up 19% grade On small foot bridge.

No descriptive good descriptive info. with video.??? Can you tell me if this is an early model Carvon dual motor drive or the latest Carvon v4 torque drive? What size wheels was he running?

No good tech info. With any Carvon video so far. Model Carvon, v3 or v4, speeddrive or torque drive, speed test, hill climbing tests and comparisons between your products and other products.Maybe you could go back to videos and add tech information to existing videos? Any good Carvon videos that have this type of information that I might have missed? Thanks for all the feedback, got some good info. I didn’t know.

The one in the exo board is same motors same design just now different urathane. I believe he was using 90mm. You know we would love to film more motor comparing the motors and set ups, currently we don’t have time to do such thing as were trying to push out all orders. As for tech info specifics and on what u can run is listed on each drive section.

When I spoke with Jerry. He mentioned that the EXO idea was because there weren’t too many people interested in EVO and REVO due to the DIY community. So making and only selling one or two 4wd XL would not be worth the time

Maybe, Instead of second cup coffee on regulation 10 min. Coffee break make 1 min videos in parking lot. Or instead of dozing off in easy chair after hard work shipping product all day which you deserve, take 1 min to go to local hill to make hill climb test with speed app. Have a race between shipping staff and motor building staff with latest motors side by side and different wheel setups to build team spirit…on video with speed apps of course. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::grinning: Thanks.

Well am accutly trying to help the community and get these exo’s shipped, to the point were I once stayed working up in tell 12pm cutting urathane not because I was told so because I just wanted stuff to ship. You may think making direct drives is easy to make and were making mad profit were actually not and making one drive takes a lot of time from milling to lathe to CNC it takes time .

3 Likes

How do you feel we are feeling knowing you and the staff are working overtime to provide us good product? We would feel like slave drivers…as though we had a hand in forming a sweat shop.

Instead, we desire to know the human side of creating this wonderful sense of freedom that electric skateboards can offer, and that you and your staff play such a vital part in bringing to creation.

The fun and freedom that we enjoy is it shared by you and your staff?

That sense of community we want to share with you is found in shared experiences… Videos are a great way to share your passion for what we all love…with tech specs for desert. :grinning: Thanks for letting us peek behind the door… PS do you have a video of one drive being made start to finish…? Great idea you have there…

Actually all we really need to know is how much current you can push through each. For that you don’t really have to make extended ride videos. Why don’t you just connect a vesc and push some current like BV does in this video around 8:40:

With the command “foc_openloop CURRENT ERPM” you can put high currents without load. You could run: foc_openloop 10 50 foc_openloop 20 50 foc_openloop 30 50 foc_openloop 40 50

And see if the motor overheats. Giving “power” in the specs doesn’t tell you anything. Because this depends on riding conditions. You need to know maximum loss power, and this means the max current.

1 Like

Getting back to the amount of torque loss. Is it correct that going from 97 mm to 107 mm you would lose about 30% torque? Some math whizzes please help here.

97 mm has C = π 97 = 304.734 mm 107 mm has C = π 107 = 336.150 mm

336.150 - 304.734 = 31.416 mm

If you consider 97 mm wheel to be torque = 1 then a 107 mm wheel would be 31.416 % less torque correct?

No; a 107mm wheel has 10.3% less torque and 10.3% more speed than a 97mm wheel

1 Like

How did you calculate that?

A 107mm wheel rolls 336mm each revolution while a 97mm wheel rolls 305mm each revolution. 336mm is 10.3% more than 305mm

1 Like

Yes of course. Thank you. But can that be directly translated to torque?

The numbers are unmistakably correct, I don’t doubt that. I just don’t know if it is correct that you can say that this directly translate to amount of torque loss.

Good approach. Thanks.

That’s a negligible performance drop tbh.

It’s pretty far from negligible but it’s definitely small. On another esk8, a 6.5% torque change was very noticeable to me.

Another week with nothing. :angry: Cool stuff. I’m out of town for the next two weeks and another two weeks in May. Seeing how things are going, I doubt the XLs will be done by then.

Time to go enjoy my other hobbies. :vulcan_salute:t3:

1 Like