General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

damn really, how was moderate hills… did you have to plan for them, when approaching

Man you really care about that pollution! There is no way I can get away with not driving living in SoCal with a child. I envy the people in NYC, London, Hong Kong, etc that have great subway systems

EDIT: to be clear, nothing against saving the planet a little at a time but it take a lot for a Californian to be without a car

2 Likes

Oh I got them too, but indeed. Would love to compare them side by side.

i thought batteries are like the worst as far as waste goes… :thinking: i know parts of them can be recycled… but hey at least its not starbucks straws :grinning:

@sayekim you can count on it

Tell that to Tesla and their supersize battery factory.

batteries are a 1 time waste thing.

cars constantly pollute every time you drive them.

2 Likes

These problems are caused by people moving and deciding that living close to work is not important, or less important than other things. The city is set up as a consequence of this, not a cause of it. People’s willingness to travel ridiculous distances to work causes sprawl and is not an effect of sprawl. SoCal is especially bad for this. If people chose places close to their work when they move, the city would slowly become more New York - like over time as dense areas got denser and sparse areas got sparser.

But instead people use this as an excuse to just have crazy big commutes along clogged highways. We are all in control of our destiny by the decisions we make.

After I switched to esk8 commuting and living near work, I’ve never been happier in my life. I highly suggest at least trying it. You could not pay me to move to suburbia again, the thought makes me ill now.

4 Likes

+1 for this

living in walking distance of downtown, school, and work is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than living out in a gated neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I can esk8 everywhere needed, and hop the bus if its rainy or bad riding weather.

having the child killed the possibility of not having a car. I live 3 miles from a train station that takes me literally a block from the office. I would totally just ride to the station instead of driving a car.

2 Likes

do you bring your kid to work everyday?

for some people, not having a car just isnt practical, but using it less is definitely possible

I bring my dog, yeah

I’m in downtown Vancouver and there’s only a few hills, but i never had any issue with them.

Sorry for continuing the OT discussion, but for the fathers here, we need something like this in North America! http://www.quinny.com/longboardstroller/

4wd is more than OK @sayekim it’s not a question of weight of the wheel but the diameter that will affect torque, bigger wheels -> less torque I weight 90 kg with light gear and i m very fine With dual drive

2 Likes

I’ve got 83mm, 97mm and (soon) the 107mm. So when the V4 R finally arrives, if it ever does, I’ll test those three sizes.

1 Like

The feeling I got is the TD is like a low HP engine with really low gearing. It’ll pull like crazy going slow but will run out of breath as speed goes up.

SD is like a car without first gear – maybe no 2nd gear either. Pulls like crazy once you get speed.

At least for me, the brakes are what I need to pay attention to. If I can go 40mph but it takes me 3 blocks to stop, I can’t realistically use that speed.

For those that live in super dense areas, how do you have space for all the diy ekate crap? :slight_smile:

I live in a high-rise downtown and have room because it is my car and I make room just like a lot of folks make room in a house for a couple cars (aka: a garage)

Not so much just the board, but all the tools, parts, etc etc that seems to really accumulate if you’re past your first board. Wood tools, electrical tools, metal working, plastic forming, it just keeps going

LoL that’s the stuff I was talking about. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right torque drives can take 107’s I was referring to speed r set ups Speed r 2wd 90-97 Speed XL 2wd 90-107’s Torque drive 90-107’s

1 Like