General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

What about TorqueDrive with 4 wheels powered and 97mm Flywheels?

Why do you say SD R and 107 only 4WD? Im 60kg, im pretty sure it can pull me no problem with 107s

I am just saying from what from I’ve already done big wheels on speed r 2wd not enough torque and slow start. Feel free to try on your own assumption

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that …at start and slow speed with 107mm wheels there is not sufficient torque in speed drive motors for good performance but 107mm ok for torque drive 2wd and XL 2wd. I looked and looked for side by side comparison videos of torque drive, speed drive and speed XL drives with riders of similar weight starting out on flat ground and going up hills with different size wheels. I could not find such a simple comparison videos! Can these videos be done on Carvon site to help buyers make decisions by watching such videos? I chose torque drive but I felt the simple explanations of your products inadequate to make good decisions. Other buyers will be disappointed in buying Carvon products and leave bad word of mouth advertising without better understanding of how each of your products perform against each other and against the flood of new hub motor options coming in before they buy. Thanks.

We do list these on the site on specification on what wheels it takes on each product.

1 Like

Yes my decision to buy torque drive was made largely because you said up to Abec 11 107mm wheels on torque drive 2wd and up to 8” wheels on torque drive 4wd. Without that explaination I would not have purchased a set. But pictures are worth a thousand words… couple of 1 min videos would have made my decision a lot easier and much quicker. I waited a month looking for more info. to confirm my tenetative decision and looking at alternatives before buying because there was not a lot of solid evidence which was best choice except your wheel size recommendations. Thanks.

1 Like

I have tried 107 with the speed drive and it’s not really great ! If you need big wheels I use the 97 mm version, you still have enough torque. I have yet to find a very smooth pavement to try 83mm

Well this comes with a price tag of 1000 bucks + 4 VESCs for a 1600 W setup, so the power and torque that you roughly get from a 6355 single drive. Probably the 400 W are extremely conservative and the TDs can do way more for a long time before actually overheating (depending on the torque load). But it would be great if we could see some videos of the performance of the TD with telemetry, @Exiledd_Top. So far I couldn’t find anything except for the really short videos of the EXO. But for the EXO the battery and ESCs are for sure the bottle neck, not the motors. Also no telemetry there.

Still way less than some $25000 car that pollutes and is a hassle to park in the city and sits outside for people to break into

think 107 w/ 4wd speedR is ok?

Apples to oranges, I think the point there is that you can get comparable performance for a lot less money… on electric skateboards. But I agree, fuck a car if you can get around on these smile-makers.

3 Likes

A house is more expensive than a beer. Walking is cheaper than an EBoard. I was comparing boards to other boards, not cars. My point was just that the description on the website doesn’t really tell you what the TD can do… I’d like to know before I decide

1 Like

It’s not apples to oranges at all. I sold my car last year directly because of electric skateboards. I have more money now despite spending a lot on electric skateboards. I spent way more on car stuff.

A few thousand for a nice dependable ride is peanuts compared to what people spend on cars.

Can’t take the wife and dog on holidays using my skateboard. I’ll keep my car for now.

1 Like

Yeah the more I think about it. I’m not sure if I believe that. They recommend 2wd for 97mm wheels. But if you are a heavy person doesn’t the torque get affected?

I think I weigh about 76 kg (167lb) with gear on the board and the difference in weight of 97 vs 107 is what? 200 grams (0,44 lb). No way (or weigh) will that affect torque that much that it is going to suck.

I ordered 107 anyway. Guess I’ll find out. @e.board_solutions https://electricboardsolutions.com/collections/wheels/products/107mm-electric-flywheels-reflex-formula

1 Like

going to stick with 97mm, and we can compare :laughing:

1 Like

Actually, you can. With all the money saved, it’s easy to buy tickets on a train or plane. Or the occasional Lyft if needed. It’s still cheaper, and more fun, and pollutes less

Its not because of the weight of the wheels. Bigger wheel is like a lower gearing ratio.

1 Like

That’s true. It made sense the instance I read this. And still I have to see/feel it to believe it.

I’ve was using 107 on a single sk3 with 6s and never had an issue with lack of torque or anything like that.