General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Just like a basic bitch. Insta only. /s

I’ve gotten so many messages that I don’t even remember your issue, what was it again ?,

1 Like

sorting the customs into europe issue …just a small 25% tax lol gotta hate customs

Latest Message I got from their insta: “All orders of v4 SpeedDrive R will be done shipping in 2 weeks. V4 SpeedDrive XL will ship right after that”

That’s the message I got two weeks ago.

Its been “2 more weeks” for the past few weeks. I just cant wait for my motors c:

That would mean I would get them in my hands by the 17th. I really hope that’s true.

@Exiledd_Top any news on the V4 SD shipping? I’ve had “Pre-Shipment” since March 19

Unfortunately, I only know as much as you guys know on the speed drives r-xl, my department is exo’s-torque drives. I have seen jerry with a lot of speed drives in a table trying to finish that batch. we are shipping.

1 Like

You mean month and a half… Honesty is hard to come by from esk8 sellers apparently…

I emailed Carvon about v4 torque drive earlier this month when it came back in stock and got a quick reply. They even cobbled up two adaptors for Abec 11 107mm wheels to make my order happen. They shipped the next day after payment. They offered quick service and went the extra mile to make my order and get it shipped. Thanks Carvon crew.

1 Like

I guess they are helpful when they are trying to get your money but once they have it, they are impossible to get a hold of.

1 Like

I think the torque drive are the ones with better response and deliver time. Speed and XL are slow, kinda ironic

1 Like

Its a shame the group buy didn’t offer torquedrives, that’s the ones i wanted instead of the speeddrives.

I’m pretty sure it’s just confusing naming. The amount of torque seems to go up

TorqueDrive (normal torque)(normal speed) SpeedDrive R (more torque)(most speed) SpeedDrive XL (most torque)(more speed)

If this is incorrect, please chime in

3 Likes

The torquedrive has lower kv than the speeddrive, so its got more torque and less speed.

Right, but the TorqueDrive is 400W per motor and the SpeedDrive R is 2500W per motor so even though it’s a higher kv, you can drive it so much harder that it can deliver more torque

2 Likes

Well the TQ drive has more teeth so it has more torque than a speed r believe it or not, and as for xl yes its has alot of torque but its really wide as in axle length and is only 85kv. Most of these is very situation based so we offer different types of direct drives .

2 Likes

What are the smallest wheels that one can reasonably run on the SD XL? I’d be interested if it was feasible for hilly areas. But for that it seems SD (XL) has to high KV, and TD not enough power…

2x 400 W seems awfully low for motors of this size. It seems TDs are 10s max, so this would mean they can’t handle more than ~10 A. That’s quite surprising. Has someone really tested how much you can push them before they overheat?

Smallest is possibly 83mm abec wheels or any 83mm that has the abec core or clone, we recommend at least 90-97, sd r 2wd doesn’t work with 107’s you would need 4wd for 107’s on speed r And xl supports 107’s with 2wd only thing u have to take into consideration is how low to the ground u are just like any other electric skateboard.