General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

The space cell can’t supply enough current to support 4 hub motors imo.

Get it while it’s HOT

4 Likes

Cool review

2 Likes

I was there! (I need to feel important right now) Haha but really tho, I like the fact that they’re not insanely torquey to where it lunges and throws me off

1 Like

Yeah buddy!! @on1y. Good seeing you on here. Don’t worry, bro. I felt important being able to test Jerry’s board too :sunglasses: Haha

1 Like

@DaviDjembe I’m excited to hurt myself in April when I test it out bwhahahh

Plan to sport the old Motorcycle gear lol

1 Like

haha, armor-up and don’t get any blood on the deck I have on pre-order!

1 Like

lol actually…prob get most of it on the ground and the wheels…hahha…I’ll brings some baby wipes

1 Like

hmmm, not clear if wheel color is an option, but I will avoid red!

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas LOL :joy: no pain no gain, right brotha?? Hahaha

“no pain no gain” luckily so far my only pain is the bank account

3 Likes

It dosent come with wheels. (If u get the v3 dual) $499

1 Like

The great thing is that it’s easy to switch out wheels abecs or clones up to you… a nice option

1 Like

Yeah, I started there but Jerry upsold me to EVO complete lol

2 Likes

lol I’m sure he had twist ur arm hahah

1 Like

I was also planning on getting just the V3 motors, Have almost all other parts at home now. But I switched to the EVO because it*s really a great deal for an awesome product.

1 Like

I’m converting an old drop through low profile board and am thinking of separating out my old Multirotor Lipos for low profile and using CarvOns v3 hub motors. 1st question, do you think if I run my two 6600 4s in serial to make a 13,200 8s with a discharge of 35c and burst of 70c it would be enough to get me around 18+ miles of range and 20+mph? completely new to this hobby and trying to figure out what’s needed to achieve my goals of not spending much money and making a board that I can use to efficiently commute to my job at a summer mountain biking resort (about 7 miles of gradual uphill and 1/2 mile of steeper 7%+ at the end of the commute.

So if I recall correctly, the V3s will come in 2 versions, 85 kv and 116 kv. At 30V, the 85 kv version will get you up those hills and the 116kv version will get you 25mph. But if you want both, you’ll need to get one more lipo pack and run the 85 kv version at 12s.

As for range, you can assume ~7 miles per 100 Wh. If you run 2 4s 6,600 mAh packs in series, you have an 8s 6,600 mAh (not 13,200 mAh) pack. That’s 195 Wh. So again, you need another lipo to get the range you’re looking for.

Carvon’s hubs are dope, but they really need 12S for efficiency, and dual drive gets pricey when you factor in the ESCs. Given that you have some hills to climb, the budget option with your lipos on hand is a single-drive setup geared down to max out at your target top-speed.

1 Like

Actually, they also do custom KV Versions if you want anything special.

Carvon just added group buys to their kickstarter.

4.995 $ for 5 Evo’s 2 WD (999 $ each) 7.495 $ for 5 Revo’s 4 WD (1499 $ each)

They are actually Distributor’s packs.

But Jerry said this about them: “Yes! You can use it for a Group Buy and we will take care of all after-sales service. No obligation to organizer.”

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/carvonllc/carvon-next-generation-electric-skateboards-longbo/comments