"Freehand Willy" TB's 12S ESC / TB's Bolt on Motor Mount / ABEC Flywheels 83mm / sk3 6374 149kv /12S Lipo

but when you innovate and make a belt tensioner, ill buy it, ill try it, ill play with it, and ill break it lololol

Ugh so much belt slip. So mad about it right now lol

cant you chuck a 15t motor pulley on…? 12T seems way to small to run on a single 9mm belt

1 Like

O it was the smallest pulley I could find, so its more than too small. I wanted to trial and error with it a bit, really get to know the limits and what it feels like when you break them. Its taught me soooo much no less. I like the torque and feeling of acceleration than I do the top speed, wouldnt have guessed that out of myself. I will probably never run a 9mm belt again, just because i love to dump the acceleration. Sadly due to circumstances beyond my control my time tables got thrown off by a month or more. So what was supposed to be a couple of weeks doing stuff I shouldnt have been doing, turned into relying on doing stuff I shouldnt be doing lol

It is OK though. I know that eventually here @onloop will finish Christmas and be right back into doing enertion things wwwwaaaayyyyyy too much. Once that happens I plan to take advantage of the fact hes going to carry larger belt sizes and the parts to accompany them. At least thats the rumor that I am choosing to believe lol

EDIT: just found a post that states he probs wont be back until February which is pretty awesome for him since hes chillan with family. Def gonna let him enjoy and will probs get down on a whole new motor mount from a seller I have yet to try out. Obv will have to rock a 15t-36t setup lololololol

I had a 20T motor pulley from @torqueboards that I threw on the motor, kept the wheels at 36T. The larger wheel pulley I had from torqueboards isnt working properly as it keeps hitting the trucks. I dont know what the top speed is at cuz I dont have the balls to hit it. I know that I hit 20mph on the way to work today, the calculator says my top should be somewhere around 28.

No more belt stripping but I lost the feel of acceleration that I wanted lol

good stuff :+1:

order a 15T pulley from here…

http://www.beltingonline.com/15-tooth-htd5-pulley-15-5m-09f-7754

and you’ll have the best of both worlds :grinning:

2 Likes

same here bruh. But I need me some more parts for an entire board or two, so they will just get stored for the next handful of weeks. Especially since Freehand Willy has this unquenchable thirst for belts right now… I shit-tinkered too much trying to get the shit-pulleys perfectly shit-straight and now im waiting for @onloop to get off his well deserved shit-rest and get back at me about some 12mm (or 15mm if im really really blessed) shit-belt action

[lahey shitisms][1]

edit: how do i embed that youtube video? lol

1 Like

What width and tooth count are you looking for exactly? are they HTD-5 or HTD-3?

Ive got all htd5 parts right now. Whatever gets me mountains of torque though really.

If you know for sure you want 12mm or 15mm belts of a certain tooth count, i can order some for you. They usually take about a week or so to arrive and about two or three days to get from me to you if you’re in the states. Let me know and i can get some in and put them up on the site for you.

I’ve been trying to get a pulse on what other belts to keep in stock. Right now all my belts are 9mm 53 tooth “enertion compatible”, basically the same ones onloop ships with his drive kits. They work in most situations for most people, so that’s what i started out with.

Yeah i just hit up alien drive systems for some 15mm belt width action, sounds like hes got the pulleys for it and is gonna hook it up with a few belts.

Im not sure of tooth count but i find myself in need of a handful of 12mm wide, 280mm long, htd5 at this moment. We should talk business via a pm or two eh?

for what It’s worth I just finished my belt tensioner device. I’ll test ride it in the morning.

I am in a pretty hard tinker mode so this is actually really exciting.

best part is; the mod only took me 5 mins to do.

So I done gone and got myself hit by a car. Will explain later, for now an update on this build.

I had fried out my 12s ESC from DIYES (probably my fault lololoololol) so soon after that I got the VESC set in and now im using that. As I got myself hit by a car its time to give this puppy some needed love then build another one thats not so run over. At least the deck is still good, but I wish I had videos of the crash and not just pictures and a story to post lolololol

I’m assuming you are ok after using “lolololol” at least 42 times when describing getting hit by a car… :confused:

So with that said, is the board OK though? after all, on the esk8 forum we only care about the boards, lol

Holy cow! How’d that happen? Hope ur ok !

Careful guys :frowning: ! At least your ok! That car didn’t stand a chance…

Glad you didn’t get killed by the car accident! You got some pics of the carnage? How bad was it? :skull_crossbones:

Thanks for the well wishes from all yall!! The board is… well its taken a few noticeable dents/dings/problems have appeared… But! thats ok. As soon as I am not so busy trying to buy a car I plan on getting some youtube videos together of fixing her up lol

1 Like