Freebord Talon | Freebord 85cm | 83mm Flywheels | Dual Rear 2xSK3 Turnigy 6374 190kv Motor | 2x Enertion Motor Mounts | 3x Multistar 5200mah 4s Lipo Batteries | 2x Castle Creations Talon 120 ESC | Enertion Enclosure

I received the hangers, and although the axle does stick out far enough for the nut to get a start on it, there is not enough thread engagement for my comfort, so I’ll be cutting it.

Also of note to those considering this, the Freebord hanger isn’t quite compatible with standard bushings. The seat is of a larger diameter, as is the kingpin hole. Although you could assemble everything with standard bushings, this allows the hanger to move around and results in a vague and generally awful feeling when riding. Steering responsiveness is sluggish and imprecise. As mentioned by the original poster, you should definitely get the Freebord bushings (and washers!) because they resolve these issues, tightening up the steering and providing much better responsiveness and control.

1 Like

Did you use some sort of tutorial on how to measure the right position distance for the truck holes?

I plan to drill truck holes in a regular skateboard deck but Im a bit afrraid that I might mess up and the holes / position won’t line up and one truck will stand sideways or something…

I do know it is probably based on logic and just basic carpenter skills but I wish there were some tools/methods on how to take the correct measurements to position the trucks precisely where they should be…

1 Like

@Okami, Rockitruler is the way to go:

http://www.roarockit.com/skateboard-building/rockitruler/#.WD62AMtMFnE

2 Likes

OK. Sorry guys, but the information I provided in my previous post was incorrect. I have edited that post to contain the correct information. I did that to avoid confusion for anyone who reads the thread later.

1 Like

Thanks, that site has some other great info, included doing your own carbon fibre deck!

1 Like

8 Likes

That’s gonna be 1 powerfull board !

2 Likes

Looks great! What sort of range and speed do you expect from this?

1 Like

this is pretty sick, i wonder how those super wide tkp trucks ride! :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t imagine what it would feel going full throttle from a dead stop, I need to see this board in action.

Did you have to cut the hangers in order to fit the Enertion mounts?

Is the pulley kit from Enertion?

Did the Enertion wheel pulleys ABEC 11 addapter fitted the ebay wheels perfectly?

2 Likes

As of now the enclosure is empty. Didn’t have to cut hangers. Did order longer hex cap skrews for hangers width. Works wonderfully, fits nice and very sturdy. The pulley kit is from Enertion. The Enertion on eBay pulley wheel works well together. The belt and pulley width is 12 mm. The wide trucks and the boards rides well great on turns. Good board and motor clearance with 1/2 inch pad adapters Which are led flashing lights. Range and speed, have no idea or thought. We will see as we proceed. Stand still to full throttle. I have no idea. We will see.:sweat_smile: Cause of holiday season been spending time with family. Hard to work on board, work and family at the same time. But every now and then. I will put a little more board time.

Have you loctite’d the screws on the motor? Whats the process for doing that (timeline wise), should it be done right away with a brand new motor or after some usage?

Great looking build, would recommend flipping the trucks around.

Looks like it would be a lot of fun drifting around corners with that kind of width.

1 Like

I have an old freebord here that I’d like to use as a base for my first esk8.

What would be the pros and cons of using such a wide hanger vs a more regular longboard wheelbase ?

Does a freebord turn very well? The kingpin angle looks very shallow compared to what a typical longboard would be(40-60*)

My understanding of freebord mechanics which is arguably not much is that turning happens more like how a snowboard turns. Without the center wheel does it act just like a longboard with wide trucks?

Edit: Disregard just read where you said you used indy baseplates.

1 Like

We need to see this working :grin:

So, what happened to this board?, I’d like to know how powerfull were those dual 6374 motors, please!!!

Any updates here?? Maybe a video?

No, sorry.:disappointed_relieved: Everything has been put on hold. Between the job and the family :family_man_woman_girl_boy:, I have been very busy. But I do have plans on staring up again soon. I also have many more projects on the horizon.:desert:

2 Likes

thanks for the update man!