For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

Go ahead and fill out the Kit request form then! :smiley: I’ll get you confirmed and invoice sent out.

Little update for those of you asking about higher quality prints:

I printed this last night with .15 layer heights and and fine quality details. It took 1.5 times longer to print, so I don’t think I can be printing every remote at this quality level. It would just take too long

1 Like

That looks baby smooth.

Maybe another option for th smoother print , $10-$20 more ?

I’ll pay the extra cost, I want that quality :slight_smile: That’s not just a slight improvement, that’s dramatically better.

1 Like

Filled out the form, is there a posibility that I can get the stl file for the 3d parts too? I filled it in for the complete set but I want to print some replacement parts if I break it lol

Thats the first layer we see there, right? Try to lower you nozzle just a little bit, and you will see these lines dissappear by 90%. The difference in layer height shouldnt show in x and y direction, only z (upwards). I think if you tune your printer a little bit, you should be able to print them in 0.3mm layer height, and still have very decent quality. :grinning:

1 Like

from

It’s all open/free. @SeeTheBridges is just helping us out assembling.

3 Likes

Is there anyone who can sell higher quality prints? I can use 3B Hub services but I’m pretty sure many of us rather support each other.

I sold my 3D printer a year ago because it had a small print surface. Never got another one

I’ll take a look tonight.

@SeeTheBridges Also anyone interested in 3D print production should give an honest look at MPCNC (could knock out 4 parts in the time of 1).

5 Likes

I ordered all white, can I take that test print? Looks lot better.

It sure is a dramatic difference. I’m guessing most of us won’t want the rougher looking one

is yours the nicer quality 3D print? Just curious what you think of the fit and finish of yours, if it’s the more basic quality version

I imagine one could sand with really fine grained paper these too look smother, but is there some kind of like resin/gel that you can polish over something like this that would harden and fill in the spaces? Kinda like they use to polish up carbon fiber or fiber glass when sanding it smooth?

Just look at YouTube videos about smoothing out 3d prints

It can be time consuming

Yeah, I think you can set them in the fumes of acetone or something to slowly soften the edges. But you’d have to take all the electronics out of the controller first, to do this.

Lol, kinda defeats the purpose of buying it ready made if you have to diy it to smoothness, :smile:

It’s a 3d print, not injection molded…this is what 3d prints look like. If it defeats the pruoose, don’t by it. But snide comments don’t help anyone.

8 Likes

Drunk comment?

3 Likes

Yeah. If I’m not happy with this print quality. I’ll either use 3D Hubs or finally repurchase a printer

Naw just typing too fast I guess. Edited for lack of drunkness :grinning:

3 Likes