First DIY electric longboard

I am also currently in the progress of building my first board.

Take care with that remote. I have not experienced it personally but after reading many posts, I have come across several people experiencing drop outs so it may not be that reliable. But since I haven’t actually had one, I can’t really say for sure.

Your battery at 6S might not be the best for a 190kV motor, as builds that use 6S often use a motor around 245kV. Perhaps invest in two more batteries to make it 12S? With the battery type as you may know, Lipos will provide more power but have a shorter lifespan in relation to the amount of charges and tend to be a bit more of a hassle to charge… Maybe try looking around the forums to see if anyone makes custom battery packs with 18650s, I know that MEB makes 12S packs for a decent price.

Concerning your order from DIYes, I ordered something from them last Thursday and it shipped on Friday, so maybe try contacting them through support?

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

I got a iron similar and it works fine for me

Thanks for the warning Ill be careful with the remote and hopefully Ill buy one off @markyoe

I am aware that a 6s battery configuration for my motor is basically wasting motor potential but i will look into 10/12S battery configurations. I also want more range for my batteries as speed doesnt matter as much as range for me. Im trying to look into 18650 battery packs but they are really really expensive and I want to make my own pack that might be dangerous since I do not own a spot welder.

And gah Ive been contacting DIYes almost everyday for the past week and they kept on telling me that they would ship my item tomorrow every time I ask and now they said they would ship it tomorrow again so I dont know what to believe anymore

But thanks so much for the suggestions I will definitely take your take your word and hopefully get a remote and upgrade my batteries once I have the money for it

2 Likes

@ARetardedPillow hi man! I would suggest contacting @willpark16 for a custom battery pack! He has experience building them, his prices are not very high and he can make whatever you ask for in a very short period of time!! What range are you looking for?

1 Like

I still have a few left. PM me if you would like one!

Im looking for a battery pack thats under ~180$ and have a range of about 10-15 miles and if possible 8 cells or more, I feel like im asking for a lot for that price range but my ideal battery pack is one that can go for around 10 miles and 10 cells and ofc the more the better, the highest i would go for a battery pack is 250 though, if I spend any more than 250 I would have to eat mcpick 2 for $2.50s for a while haha

Ok, so for $180 you can build an ok battery by yourself. You will not find anyone selling a battery with the specs you want for that much though! There are 2 batteries that LOU offers. They just came out and I’m not 100% sure they are 18650, and that they are good and if they have a BMS and how you would charge them) They are both 10s for sure though! https://www.louboard.com/product/extra-battery/ https://www.louboard.com/product/extra-3ah-battery/ Contact LOU and ask them all the question you want!! Next you can try speak to InBoard about their battery:

https://www.inboardtechnology.com/collections/accessories/products/powershift-battery They have 15% off of it so $212.5 but the charger is pretty expensive for it so talk to inboard as well and maybe they’ll give it to you for free or much cheaper when you buy a battery!

None of these will get you 10 miles (I don’t think) but you’ll get pretty close!

Otherwise, contact @willpark16 for a custom. You can probably have a 10s1p battery built out of Konion 30A 3120mAh for around $250 with charger, BMS… talk to him. That can get you 10 miles (possibly)))

2 Likes

Thanks bro I’ll pm him!

1 Like

I had this same exact issue, they failed to send my VESC in my first order and it took them like three weeks of constant prodding to actually send it through. Their support is really hit or miss. Best experience was actually talking to Dexter, the rest of them are kind of meh.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! Im thinking of a lot of options right now like making my own battery pack, buying one off supower, buying one off willpark16, and lipo batteries doesnt sound too bad too but I was cruising through ebay yesterday and [this] (http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-280WH-BOSTON-POWER-LITHIUM-ION-BATTERY-PACK-18650-4-7AH-POWERWALL-BATTERIES-/182681892086?hash=item2a88b074f6:g:b7kAAOSwkX1ZdLk6) caught my attention, I know that ebay batteries are somewhat sketchy but im looking to experiment with these and the same seller also sells these which im thinking of buying, if these work well I might get another pack and wire it in parallel

I think yiu might be able to do this pack for 180 I did it for around that and its super

Thanks so much I think this is exactly what im looking for

Ive done it look at this

Wow that looks really nice and clean, how do you charge the batteries?

Im thinking of adding a bms to that battery setup and Im getting really confused on wiring the 5 2s balance cables to the bms

Ill send u diagram it only looks hard but its not… Ill help u out

I love this set up dont for get u only have 10 wires so u dont use the black wire only yellow then red on each pack

Currently you can get a good deal at Nkon.nl

These in an 8s4p configuration will give you just over 10miles in range and an 80A output.

You can have a look for different configurations here with my handy filtering tool: http://kevindark.co.uk/PublicServices/NkonFilter

Thanks so much for the diagram! It really helped me understand and im looking to make this in about a week or so

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I found this group few days ago and was really happy. I read many things that people have written in here but haven’t found the exact problem I have been discussed. So I bought an old electric longboard from eBay( it was a bid) which doesn’t have a remote, because the previous owner have lost it. I thought I can just buy one basic remote 2,4 ghz for electric board for less than 10 euro and it would connect to the board( Volt-E is the brand of the board), but they didn’t connected although I’ve tried all the different alternatives for connecting a remote to a board that I found on the internet. Then I bought again a 2,4 ghz remote but this time with a receiver. I don’t know where to put the receiver on the PCB so it would really good if you could help me. Or if it won’t work with this receiver and remote, how can I operate with the board in order to fix it? Thanks in advance:) Ivo HTB1OUnHRVXXXXbWapXXq6xXFXXXY|500x500- This is a photo of the remote and the receiver.