First Build - Need Help Choosing Wiring, Pulleys & Belts

Parts List

• Deck: Bamboo Raven Top Mount Double Kick Deck (With Standard Grip)
  • Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 260kv Brushless Outrunner
  • Motor Mount: Enertion Motor Mount
  • Trucks: Caliber II Fifty Caliber 10"/50 Degrees Blackout Trucks
  • Wheels: 83mm Pro Longboard Wheels w/ Bones Bearings & Spacers
  • Hardware: Sector 9 Bolt Pack Set, Black, 1.25Inch
  • Hardware: 1/4" RISER PADS (set of 2)
  • Hardware: Everland AllInOne Skate Tool White Battery: Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack (x2)
  • Battery Protection: Turnigy Soft Silicone Lipo Battery Protector (5000mAh 6S Black) 145x51x53mm Battery Meter: 2016 Battery Capacity Tester Indicator for 12V 24v 36v 48v CAR Lead-acid lithium
  • Charger: iMAX B6
  • Charger: Hobbyking Parallel Charging Board for 6 Battery Packs 2~6S (XT90)
  • Wiring: Hilitchi Black and Red 10/12/14 AWG Gauge Silicone Wire
  • Connectors: Polymax 5.5mm Gold Connectors 10 pairs (20pc)
  • Connectors: XT90S AntiSpark Connector 2pairs
  • ESC: Hobbyking YEP 120A LV (26S) Brushless Speed Controller with Selectable SBEC
  • Reciever: HobbyKing® ™HKGT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver w/Rechargable Lii

Everything on that list has been purchased except for the battery because of the high shipping charges from the international warehouse on HobbyKing.com.

I have a few questions that I am desperately in need of help for.

1. [Edit: Solved]

2. Am I missing anything necessary? Any wires, connectors, BMS, or anything necessary for the board?

3. Do I need a programming card or is the ESC sufficient?

4. Will this switch work for my setup?

5. Anyone have any idea where I can get the batteries I mentioned but at a cheaper shipping cost? Or an alternative battery setup that can provide at least 10,000 mAh 6S, at a similar price range?

Thanks!!!

9mm or 12mm depending on the size you choose

1 Like

I got the right pulleys and everything! Thanks! Can you help me with the other questions?

Wrong Esc for eskate. That’s a helicopter Esc. check your parts list here:

Lol I didn’t even noticed what he put down

Ya, I was surprised that you hadn’t already posted that link

I’m allowed to be lazy sometimes lol

I figured you where just tired

Lol I was passing in the garage and had the belts right next to me lol …then went abt my business lol

I used to have a garage, now I live in a mobile home and all I have is a shed. I have to move my surfboards out of the way to work at my bench.

1 Like

What’s wrong with the living room? Or in my case at the moment…part of the Kitchen counters lol YiKES!

welded my battery pack and did all my soldering on the bathroom counter top. have to remember to keep the lid down so I don’t accidentally drop parts down the black hole.

Lol that’s rough lol

Oh okay, thanks. Should I get the VESC then?

The Vesc is expensive, complicated, easy to break and it takes more than a month to get it after you order it. I wouldn’t recomend it on your first build especially if your only gonna run 6s voltage. Just go with one of the 6s Esc’s on the list and get the programming card for it. The Car Esc’s are much more simple and safe. With the Vesc, If you do one setting wrong, it’s fried.

The FVT 120 is very inexpensive and should do the job nicely. The program card will allow you to fine tune the throttle, brakes and performance

#ESC http://www.rcjuice.com/fvt-120a-brushless-sensored-sensorless-car-esc-2-6s/ #program card http://www.rcjuice.com/lcd-program-card-for-fvt-car-esc-s.html/

#An excellent controller/receiver diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller/

you will also need wheel and motor pulleys. And you will need wheels that match the pulley Diyelectric skateboard.com has complete pulley and belt kit on sale. diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/36t-abec-drive-pulley-belt-combo-kit/ #wheels diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/83mm-longboard-e-power-flywheels/

I personally recomend using a motor designed for Eboards because they are well built and have a key slot that matches the pulley to keep it from slipping. Hobby motors don’t because their not designed for eboards. 50mm 280kv motor for 6s diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-motor-5055/

lol go easy on vedder