First build mini-cruiser a few questions

There is really a lot to get into here. I will probably pick: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv (later I might put one in the front) or if there are any similar good at the same price? I feel its pretty expensive.

Price: $92.29

For battery two cheap 5000mAH 4s. Cable to connect them. Ive looked at this one, but I really would like a slimmer model. This is 33mm. ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 4S1P 20C

Price: $61.44

Some remote with receiver, Alien Power Remote looks good, saw other models at esk8.de. But there must be cheaper ones somewhere.

The pulley I will try to construct myself. Will grind the trucks somehow… The motor and wheel drive mechanism, I guess that would be simplest to find somewhere.

Then there are wheels, I guess Ebay might have some stuff?

The only thing that is confusing me is the VESC thing. Which one to pick? It would be great if I could break and regulate speed.

Look at this motor, you can even buy The VESC there, they have great remotes too, If you buy 300$ there the Shipping will be free.

About the battery, I really don’t know, you could buy at alien, and buy the other parts there too, Because there the shipping will be the same if you buy a cable or if you buy a battery, so buy the many of things you want there. At Ebay you can buy a Charger, search for 8s charger, and some wheels

Thank you so much for all your support! Yes, they look good. The $300 is amazing. Well, all this is new to me so I take it slow on the stuff. Just want my first board to be cheap and work “good enough”. I will continue my research.

Not to take anything away from Dexter, the products they sell are great, although I’m not a huge fan of the remote. I’d take a look at the MEB Remote. Its the one I use, in fact I have 3 of them.

Hi and thanks!

The most important part for me is breaking and having the ability to regulate speed, slow to faster. Not just press and fast… If that is possible with the VESC of course. The remote must be able to do this. Or do they all?

The VESC offers the best torque control of any ESC available. I doubt anyone would argue with that. There’s still some finesse involved with remotes, no matter how good a remote it is. I have found the best to be the Benchwheel remote like @oriol360 sells. I am partial to thumb remotes, I find at high speeds, with bumps and carving, that it offers the best control.

If you want to look at acceleration and break curves checkout the Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode by@Ackmaniac. There’s also the VESC Data Log Analyzer by @DeathCookies. This combination makes tweaking your VESC settings pretty simple and incredibly accurate.

Yeah, but if the shipping pass 60$ would be better to him to buy the remote at DIY

I was just talking about the remotes brother. I’m not a huge fan of the nano remote and think its probably a bad idea for a new rider to use as it has had drop-out issues & the travel isn’t that great.

He could use the Mini remote, and another thing, Miami don’t have World Wide shipping

No one said he couldn’t, just said its not a great remote, whereas the Benchwheel is.

But with a little bit of searching, its pretty easy to find other options like this.

This post will tell you a lot about remotes.

I don’t understand why you are arguing about this, I was just offering an opinion. One that is based in experience with a lot of remotes, so I figure it might be worth something to someone.

I’m not arguing, I just said that he could save money buying at DIY, you said that the remote is not that great, I really don’t know if it is or is not great, I bought my controller at Alien, so I really don’t know

I feel the Benchwheel remote is very good, after watching the video explaining it. Also like that it has a slim receiver. But like IsTalo says its not good if they do not ship worldwide or expensive doing so. Saving money there is no argue that DIY is the best way to go. For me on my budget and first build.

A question about motors. Is everyone that loud?

Okay guys i’ve looked closer on the DIY shop, the motor there 5065 version looks good (dexter recommended it because its consumes less power and still pretty good performance). Also the VESC I could get from there. The nano remote, as mentioned by mmaner, and the issues isn’t that promising though. The batteries are superexpensive. Dont get that. So my question, is there any other shop you guys can recommend that has all the stuff? Its really not easy finding all these parts :slight_smile: In some way, maybe pick a few things from hobbyking, like motor and batteries. Then buy the VESC and remote somewhere else? Please, if anyone have a suggestion, for either collect everything from the same shop or pick some other for only remote and vesc. I live in Sweden, so the shop needs to deliver there. Thanks!!

Im looking at this stuff now:

Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5055-430kv Brushless Outrunner Motor

ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 4S1P 20C Two of those. Or some cheaper.

And then the rest… The VESC, I have no clue where to buy…and will it work with this motor? The remote is not easy either, the Benchwheel seems the best. AliExpress sells these but might take a month to get it delivered, also the reciever is not included, where can I find that part?

Wheels and motor pulley I will find somewhere, the mount I will try to make myself.

Regarding the benchwheel remote on the Alibaba site just click the 4th pic, that will get you the remote and receiver.

Get the VESC from DIY, I have a couple from Dexter with no issues and if the shipping is cheap, win win.

The Zippy batteries you have linked should be fine. You will have buy a fairly pricey charger to charge them in series, or you can get 6s batteries and charge with a turnigy accucel or IMAX b6, both are inexpensive.

Thanks @mmaner!

Sorry, cannot find the remote with receiver on AliExpress or Alibaba site. Please can just give me a link?

Man, use the “@” when you want talk to us, because if not I can’t receive notifications… about the vesc, there all good places, also on AliExpress, I think you could buy at Ebay somethings, they have a lot of Free Shipping things

Ok cool @IsTalo :slight_smile:

First, this motor will blow your Vesc, High Kv, and also, it would work if you use 4s but your speed will be crap… So do what is written in this forum, use a 6s, It’s simple, cheap and have enough power, and is easy to find a charger for it. Motor, lower than 250kv, some people says “Lower than 300kv” but it depends on your gear ratio, so 245kv is nice (I think), @mmaner correct if I’m wrong, Don’t try to purchase a cheap motor, cheap motor=cheap magnetics, so no way… , any question, ask me and mike

This is where I got it, but I can’t tell which one to get on my phone. The Alibaba site kinda sucks.