First build at 11 years old!

Does everything else look fine?

The “antispark” you linked is just a straight through connector. You’re also missing trucks from that list.

Im going to use caliber trucks and buy a mounting kit.

2 Likes

i think we both still hold the records for youngest self funded and self taught eboard builders :wink:

he says his brother is helping him, only help I had was you guys, and I didn’t even join this forum until I had worked out almost every kink with general electrical knowledge.

if you can’t tell, i’m VERY defensive of my records :joy:

6 Likes

Just be safe and don’t get this hobby banned

Thanks, that was the other part I didn’t touch on. Although you can use the anti spark you’ve chosen @Caleb1 it isn’t generally what is done. An inline anti spark is used to save having to plug the VESC in and out all the time.

Here’s a good thread on it: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/how-to-anti-spark-xt-90-loop-key/204

1 Like

Thanks Radicon!

Do you guys think the batteries will work with the rest of the parts.

Not very well. They will work, but they’re not the best option.

What I was getting at earlier with the batteries, was that those packs are only good for maybe 10 amps each. The cells are not designed to supply loads of power at once, which is something that is needed in an electric vehicle, to get up to speed.

It would be better to go with a smaller, higher discharge battery. That setup will be very heavy and not that powerful. I’d go with two 5s 5000mah lipo batteries instead. They’re cheap, they’re high power, lighter than the 18650 pack and easy to work with.

B264 is also right, a 6374 is a bit overkill for an 11-year-old. A 5065 or 6355 would be a better choice.

2 Likes

That motor is not sensored. Which is okay, if that’s what you want. Do you know the difference yet?

Also, it’s big enough for a grown 250lb man to go super fast, you’ll probably be fine with a 5065 or a 6355 if you are a lot lighter than that. That’s a BIG motor, I mean huge. Like a can of soup. Remember, you have to carry that around and the more visible it is, the more you’ll be hassled

Tip: Those specific motors aren’t 63mm by 74mm, either.

Also if you’re going to use that charger, you’re going to need some sort of BMS. The ebay packs have one built in, but if you go with lipo batteries, you’ll need to add on in.

The other option is to not use that charger, and get a balance charger to use with the lipo packs.

For Battery buy pre made li ion @GrecoMan had something you might be able to use, as for riding I’m pretty sure under 16 is illegal can’t say for sure so be careful on the streets and check the laws in your state, they will confiscate it if you are caught breaking any law and they don’t hand it back, excited to see how this goes

1 Like

We’re all brothers here! Some bicker and argue,some are helpful and knowledgeable and share the wisdom and some like to make others look foolish “like the thread title” but at the end of the day it’s all for the greater good…the esk8 squad! worldwide and unified as one! Welcome @Caleb1

5 Likes

Everywhere is totally different. Where I live, you need a driver’s license (at least 16 years old) and a helmet. Some places they are illegal. Some places nobody knows if they are legal or not. California has a specific law just for them. (that one would be illegal: too fast)

The best way to deal with that, is don’t build something that can exceed 24mph and when you ride it, be very nice and respectful to everyone around you. If other people are annoyed by you, then you will have lots of problems. If you don’t piss anyone off and you’re not doing extremely unsafe things, it’s likely nobody will care, cops included. Also, the more loud and flashy the board is, the more likely you’ll have issues. If folks see you and they don’t even know it’s electric, well at that point it doesn’t even matter if they care, because they don’t know…

2 Likes

Elsa… :musical_note: Do You Want To Build an eBoard :musical_note:

5 Likes

based on the parts and budget (based on the total shown) you’d be much better off getting a meepo or carvon exo if you can push the budget.

or copy someone else budget build, adjust for style…

Lol I live in California and I have read through the laws on the electric skateboards here, and to add to that, I’m going to be 20 in a few days and I still worry about a cop with a stick up their ass complaining about it hahaha

:notes:… ride our boards around the maaalllsss… I never see you anymore, come out the door, you’re always tinkering with your boooaaard!:notes: :notes: we used to have some money, but now we’re poor, I wish I could help my-seeeelf!:notes: :notes: do you wanna build an e-board… Another e-board… I’ve got a new foc-booooo-o-o-ox :notes: :wink:

2 Likes

I built just built mine 2 month ago and you must plan to spend more money then you think you will. You also should read when ever you get the time to learn new things that can help you.

How fast would I go if I switched to Lipos.