Fire, Walk with me : Lacroix carver / Matrix II / dual SK3 6374 190kv / Escapes / 12S5P vtc6 / 6.5" superstar / UNIK mounts

I’ve been teasing peeks at this build in the picture thread lately. Since it’s starting to get some reaction I figure I might as well start a proper build thread

26 Likes

Where’d ya get the meter/light/xt90 housing, your build turned out very sick Phil

2 Likes

With the 6.5 inch wheels, does it look like it would bottom out without the risers?

I designed them in Fusion 360 and had them print by a local 3Dhubs.com affiliate. I posted the parts in the 3d print thread : http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/3d-printables-for-eskate/23199/79

5 Likes

I haven’t assembled the enclosure and the board yet but the Arch brothers recommended 7" wheels, 1/4" risers gets me at the same height.

1 Like

Did you spray paint the motors white? I like them quite a bit!

1 Like

It’s a vinyl sticker with carbon fiber like patterns. Not sure how durable that will be, or if it’s going to allow proper heat exchange. Just a tryout for now.

Very good of you may have to beg borrow and steal that

1 Like

Great to see some build threads starting to appear with the LaCroix boards. Thanks for putting this up @philvanzu and nice work on all aspects. Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

1 Like

You build is sick, but those lights remind me of Wall-E image

25 Likes

Do you guys think that my pulley too far up the shaft problem is solved by this longer pulley? Or is it just as bad for the motor bearings?

1 Like

definetly bad for the bearings. Arent ypur mounts switched? Right one on the left and left one on the right?

Can you switch the motor mounts on the hanger so that the hanger clamp is to the interior of the motor mount? All of my motor mounts are set this way.

very annoying to switch because it makes it hell to tension the belt.

That’s the trade off I suppose. No other way around the motor pulley issue.

That is such a clean build…I really like the meter and anti spark plug on the top of the deck.

1 Like

The clamping ring definitely needs to be on the other side of the mount, I don’t see a way around that

1 Like

Love the Lacroix deck.

I’m still very much undecided about what I’m going to do for grip. I’m not really liking the grip strip that came with the deck. I’ve been experimenting with LHB’s method of glass frit & urethane spar on this ugly cracked deck, wooden parts look very much ok, a little bit patchy from close up but with a bit more practice I’m confident I could get it right.

Carbon fiber part though is another matter and I’m afraid it’s just a bad idea, the problem is mostly that I can’t dose the glass micro balls to be evenly distributed and sparse enough at the same time. If anyone’s got a suggestion I’m all ears.

I have a backup grip I made for the trampa carver deck I ditched when I decided to go with Lacroix, and I like it very much, but I can’t help but feel it would be a bit of a sacrilege on this deck.

1 Like

Nice build bro but I liked more the twin peaks reference heje