Finally Complete! | Ebay Board & Trucks | Scooter Wheels | Chain Drive | Custom Battery | Custom Enclosure | Custom Switch

@pat.speed @Mobutusan

They’re new prototype wheels I’m working on. I’m just perfecting the rubber and all the sizing etc. Also looking at how to mount pulleys or sprockets…

They should be available to the community soon! I may be replacing the rubber with urethane… but maybe not, I’ll see which is best.

6 Likes

Whaaaatttt???

Those are awesome!! Time to start saving :wink:

2 Likes

How did you attach your enclosure to the deck ? I have wood inserts but since deck has a bit of a flex they are popping out a lot ;(

There’s four screws either end of the deck, (8 in total), they’re in elongated holes so the enclosure can move a few mm. This seems to have helped it stay put.

So you simply drilled into the deck?

Yeah, with wood screws. I should say though, the screws go through 10mm of thickish rubber before they go into the deck, that also helps…

Cool, and how does taking enclosure off work? I guess it is more of a permanent solution right?

Yeah, since creating my new enclosure with the charge port and the li-ion with BMS, I haven’t had to take it off more than twice in a couple of months. It’s more of a permanent solution as I’d have to unscrew all eight screws to get it off…

You can kind of see them here…

2 Likes

if the chain is really tight it will make minimal noise like almoat nothing, have you ever ridden a bycicle with that chain tightnerer thingy its usually on mtb bikes i do not know its name in english

Yeah, I do wonder what it’d be like with a chain tensioner on it… it’s not that loud at the moment to be honest… well not to me anyway…

You need to rename this thread, “look at my revolutionary wheels” (almost no pun intended) They look really nice, very interested to hear how they ride. Well done.

2 Likes

Haha! Thanks mate, yeah once they’re available I’ll give them their own thread :wink:

1 Like

I would prefer to have a ktm 125cc 2 stroke engine on the back for the sound but its not so conveinet

What I like is that they are not “roller skate” type wheels, as the Alaska state law calls longboard wheels. Therefore street legal. One more legal loophole taken care of.

1 Like

Any news on the tires? Really looking for something similar.

Sorry, wheels have taken a bit of a back seat as I’m so snowed under with battery builds! :confused:

2 Likes

How is this wheels are doing ? Are you still using it? I live in Taiwan and i can see many scooters having these on them.

Not using them anymore, too hard and the factory refused to adapt the mould unless I ordered 3000! :confused:

So funny just finding this thread because I’ve been wondering how scooter wheels will work on a board. My youngest is a comp scooter rider so I’ve got literally 50 of them knocking about. I was thinking they’d be good for a balls out speed machine especially as you can now buy 130mm diameter and 40mm wide.
I’m doing it. obviously for science. Shame about the 3 spoke design though man they looked the business.

1 Like