Fault code drv8302: Motor wont spin and red LED flashing

Yes, you can. But here is the exemple why you shouldnā€™t. Up to you.

well as to why your motors lacked umph, 20a motor max is really low, I was running 50A motor max on a dual setup for each, and 20a for batt max

with a space cell pro 4, ymmv based on your battery

Looking at his values I donā€™t think he studied enough about the bldc tool to use it TBH. @nordlicht try @Ackmaniac VESC tool. It has wizards that can guide you through all you have to set up to get it working. Also study study study. 9h read time is actually quite low.

WHat do you mean by motor detection? detection of the parameters for FOC and hall sensor detection? yes I did, or do you talk about something different?

Alright, just downloaded the VESC tool from Ackmaniac. You got recommendations where to start reading?

i remember that between the help on here and myself, I wouldnt allow myself to change anything on the vesc until I had watched that long vesc setup tutorial and read :laughing:

oh hell yeah. I watched a dozen vesc setups

1 Like

ignore that comment im a boob.

edit ill find the video for you to watch, its full of the kind of basic knowledge you may( or may not) need :slight_smile:

just search vesc beginner guide on the search bar. Literally search whatever comes to mind Things Iā€™ve typed: ā€œMotor amps for peak performanceā€ ā€œbattery maxā€ ā€œwill I blow my vescā€

whatever is on your mind, then read read read and ask questions. Lots of knowledgeable guys you can run to on here. the higher their reading time the more helpful they likely are. People with multiple build ++++. Trusted Vendors +++

2 Likes

Nice informative thread right here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-vesc-user-read-this-complete-walktrough-of-the-vesc/2980

and heres the video everyone will show you, its a staple :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLZaMcYRuY

1 Like

Thanks a lot, both of you!

3 Likes

additionally, if it helps, I ran my hubs with FOC but it was sensorlessā€¦ could be a reason your chip ate itā€¦

also 53 for maximum input voltage isnt proper, its supposed to be 57ā€¦ I cant explain why but Ive seen multiple people who say its not a good setting to touchā€¦

maybe next time you setup the vesc go small and work your way up ( first dial bldc settings in, make sure it works, then move on to FOC )

make sure you change not only the stuff in the FOC tab but also under the app configuration make sure you take care of all the stuff like control mode and what not

I try my best :slight_smile: good luck man feel free to pm with any questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

yup @nordlicht feel free to pm!

Did you check the 5v rail? is there anything getting hot on the board (e.g. the TVS diode near the ppm input), that rail should be close to 5v +/- 0,1v. above or below that the drv will give errors, but USB still works (uC works of 3v3)

Iā€™m running FOC on HW4.12, is there a way to set limits to avoid this? What about sensored BLDC?

There not so much solution apart avoid using more than 8S voltage I would say (for a reliable VESC I mean, there is always someone who succeeded running a couple of seconds a 80100 with 13S in FOC with Maytech VESCā€¦). I would advice you to switch to BLDC mode with those VESC.

Gonna give the sensored BLDC a shot. Is there a good vesc6 out that can run FOC reliably on 12s?

http://www.trampaboards.com/vesc-6-library-c-895.html

probably your only optionā€¦

The price to replace my two TB ESCā€™s, the price has got to come down on these.

hopefully FOCBOX unity gets released soon

yeahā€¦ something something frankā€¦ lol.

maybe stick with dual focboxes and put them in @Kug3lis s case? It seems to do a good jobā€¦ I havnt recieved mine yet though. Im just relaying what ive been told :slight_smile: