FatBoy Sparky Switch 300A 60V Anti-Spark Switch

Just received mosfets :slight_smile:

7 Likes

where can you buy fuses?

Mouser/Digikey any electronics store :wink:

Today received the PCB and probably tomorrow the parts so I guess early next week it will be available to buy early version

5 Likes

Looks incredible!

How much will it be in the states?

70 eur + Shipping

1 Like

Finally it is available to buy

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/selling-fatboy-sparky-switch-v1-0-300v-6s-14s-anti-spark-switch/54128

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/fatboy/products/fatboy-sparky-switch-v1-0

3 Likes

ok bro so you say 300a with external cooling… more than your heatsink?

I ask as i’m building a board now with 2 x 148a motors (8s), data logs show over 100a a piece constant.

1 Like

Constant for how long 10-30min? You can run with this block for pulses over 1min no problem it will get warm but not that hot. With over 100A constant for like 10-20min you will need external cooling. But for normal esk8 rides where you get impulses of 100-300A for like 30s it will be enough

1 Like

ok

so just a fan like my speed controllers?

might stick to 8mm anti-spark connectors…

thanks bro, block of aluminium looks cool, love the saw marks on the ends :smiling_imp:

I highly doubt that any of you guys will run AWG0 for high current so first your wires will heat up pretty nicely. If you will be able to show me constant at least 1 min on currents higher than 100A otherwise like I said its normal esk8 loads don’t need much cooling as those are not longer than minute long or etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it doesn’t include the actual push button right? Do you have one you recommend?

Maybe you can make explicit what this means to you. I’m inferring 100a from the pack for 1min at a time?

The people intetsted are probably the power users and “normal” means different things to different people.

1 Like

What he said, and some of us are shameless hardware-junkies!

I do like the headroom in this design

In my opinion, “normal esk8 loads” means 8kW peak for up to 1 minute and 500W continuous

At least, that’s what it means to me…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s right I mean you can do peak 15kW if you want and you wires, connectors will hold it for sure and do like 2kW constant :slight_smile: otherwise you will need actively cool it down

I am riding myself 10kW setup and never even seen more than 2kW peak per motor (I am running 5:1 high torque setup so current is way higher than normal setups)

2 Likes

Any momentary button will work, even shortening the wires like in movies

1 Like

Is it possible to order one of these with everything hooked up for an extra fee? Push button, fuse, LED, etc…

Sorry this is DIY kit… Everyone uses different configuration and adapt to their own needs…

1 Like

Ok no worries. Do you have any left in stock?