FATboy anti-spark switch

Wait what? They are not in series, they are back to back

It’s full switching so if its turned off no current goes in or out

I’d like some proven high Amp capable anti-spark switches. :pray: 100A cont. is minimum. 160A cont. would be nice too, I know some one else who would buy a few as well :wink:

2 Likes

I agree. Now that I can do higher amps since I’m not using a power switch, I’m gona try 160 amps and see what happens :stuck_out_tongue:

160a power switch would be nice. So would a bms though too…

The holly grail will be the bms + power switch, like j-tags bms. We need more though than just one option.

I will start working on BMS these days, I have already made balancer part now just need main controller + power switches.

For higher current rating I can put 2x or 3x mosfets but first I want to see how single performs

100A ill use as a pair… one for each esc, same as 160A

Hi guys, I just updated the design, went from LDO to buck converter the LDO did not provide enough current for simple led. Because of the increase in size, I went double Mosfet’s so it should be around ~200A but still, it’s in theory. The new board size is 30x50mm

3 Likes

200A is a great idea. If you want to future proof the design as 2 x VESC6 stock can do 200A (100A ea.).

If going by specs its 600A… But oh well…

1 Like

should be reliable then :thumbsup:

FDBL86361 without heatsink can handle max ~ 30A/mosfet correct me if i am wrong - you have 2 layer pcb. with 2oz copper your traces could be max 30х0.07=2.1mm2. i doubt that 2.1mm2 copper will handle 200A current

1 Like

Who said I will not have a heatsink on the MOSFETs? The distance between wire (copper) and MOSFET input is small enough to handle this kind of currents, plus the MOSFET, and wire for 200A will also act as a heatsink for the heat transfer so as I say it theoretically after test runs I will be able to tell exactly it handles at which temperatures.

1 Like

Apologigizes dude. Your setup looks super promising I hope it comes together soon so I can get one :slight_smile:

10 characters

Alright so I’m confused. From what I can tell your using N-Channel MOSFET’s that switch the negative side of a circuit, so how are you connecting the positive rail to the MOSFET’S then?

What? Two minutes ago you said you switch the negative side not the positive

Sorry that messeg was to @pshaw changed message

So I’m still confused, are you switching the negative side of the circuit (low side) or the positive side (high side).

positive side (high side)

Yeah but how, your N Channel MOSFET’S source is connected to the positive input of the battery, how does that work?

It works as high side switch? Half bridges works the same