Fake 12S1P battery on the Inboard?

Recently on Reddit, someone posted a picture of the Inboard battery pack. Seems to be 12S1P.

I would have thought that there voltage sag and strain on the batteries would be enough to start away from such a pack but it seems to work great for Inboard… They are getting around 7 miles on these packs with dual hub motors…

Also apparently this guy thinks they are using fake cells but i don’t think they would risk that.

2 Likes

Using 12s LG HE4s actually puts the pack slightly over 99wh, but I guess the airlines might let you get away with these.

Getting 7 miles seems feasible, just as with boosteds 12s1p lifepo4 pack, but I imagine having only 20a continuous on hubs will be horrible for power output and cycle life. Sounds a lot like the Eon. Though at least with the Eon running duals nets you 40a continuous discharge.

That’s true.

Yeah that’s what’s I was thinking. At least Boosted’s pack can continuously output 70A…

Glad i didn’t keep my preorder. They originally promised lifepo’s as well.

The HE4 cells are cheaper and the lower current rating for the BMS brings cost down vs lifepo4 high current. Must mean they either went for the weight savings(barely) or their board costs were getting to be too high and they needed to cut cost($30-50).

That’s strange that they promised LFP I didn’t even see that.

But the board probably won’t be able to handle long hills or even have decent acceleration…

I don’t think the cost savings and weight savings is worth putting that much load on the batteries.

1 Like

Yea it was advertised when i initially preordered in March. It’s what made me start researching lifepo’s

1 Like

I absolutely agree. LFP batteries should be the standard

They just take up so much space… That’s probably why inboard dropped em.

I remember Samsung was their battery supplier until they dropped out. I don’t know if Samsung makes lifepo’s though.

Nah I am pretty sure they don’t. They are all about that high energy density.

cough The Note 7 cough

3 Likes

Slightly off topic, but in the official Benchwheel commercial, they advertised Samsung lifepo cells. When i looked up the model number in the advert it wasn’t a lifepo cell, and even worse, when i opened up my benchwheel, it wasn’t even Samsung cells, just some generic no name 18650 lol.

2 Likes

LOL how many boards have you bought?

Benchwheel is basically just a huge chinese manufacture making a bunch of boards and selling them wholesale to anyone… they are just selling the cheapest parts to make the most profit. I’m surprised it wasn’t Lipos.

Two, the benchwheel and carbon gt. I have 1 completed diy and another carbon build on the way. The Benchwheel mechanical parts are actually pretty quality and I’ll be building another board out of the parts.

1 Like

Just depends on how you pack them :wink: I much prefer having 70A constant at my disposal than 20A constant.

Anyone tried to make a different housing to wire up more packs in parallele? It does lack hill climbing power and torque but that’s not strange when you look at this battery.

IF you have an ImBoard 1 then making beiiger pack wont help…the max power is also for sure limited by the electronics so it cant damage the battery…you would have to change the brain of the skateboard which is not a good idea in case of InBoard…maybe you could change the settings somehow, their support might help…

Their support refuse to believe that you can handle even swapping bearings so getting help there is prolly no point trying. I found a USB port on it but since I don’t have the SW that won’t do much either :confused:

Where would you put more batteries?

On top of the ones sitting there. I wouldn’t mind 2cm on top of deck if it doubled the performance.