Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Ok i found the error. the check for NRF was wrong. New version is already in the dropbox link and in a couple of hours also in Google Play available. Thanks for the Report.

At “Google Play Store” you will find with the app also a descripton how to connect.

1 Like

Do I need a special soldering device? I have a soldering pen and have only soldered wire never to a board. Can you send a pic of the back side of your vesc showing the pins and soldering?

You can see on the four wires where you have to solder. No special soldering device. If you don’t know how to solder, for sure you will find some hints with google. Sorry I don’t want to turn my vesc now, I’m busy right now and it is really no magic thing.

I have also dual vesc. Master and slave. I also use my selfmade Nunchuck via Uart on my master vesc. So can i connect the Bluetooth module to my slave and it will work fine?

Yes 10 characters

So when i change some settings it will be changed on both vescs?

Yes but only when you are connected to the Master. So if the bluetooth module is attached to the Slave you have to enable “Connect by CAN to ID” and select the Controller ID of the master like in the picture. Because the master sends the new settings to all the slaves in the system. So that would also work for 4WD.

Some noob questions. Do i set vescs like Jacob firmware? And is that first post updated? It’s very hard to find CLEAR & SIMPLE instructions how to set vesc. @Ackmaniac

The positions of the parameter in the BLDC-Tool slightly changed. For example the Throttle Curve is in it’s own tab now and not anymore in the PPM or Nunchuk tab.

Just got myself a used Nexus 5 to test your app.

I set the mode to PPM+UART, baud rate is set to 9600, the bluetooth connection is established but there are no values in the app. I use the VESCs 5V port and the tx/rx ports are crossed.

I use this HM10 controller.

Can anyone help?

Maybe make a picture of your wire connections to double check.

firmware is updated to @Ackmaniac’s version or are you still using the original one?

Ackmaniac 2.53. Already enjoying the watt control mode :slight_smile:

i have read the entire post ALL OF IT! and i barely understood any of it does anyone know if there is a video on installing the modded bldc tool by ackmaniac and how to flash the firmware not sure if it is for the vesc or something else? and how to set it up for beginners? im a noob to all of this lol

Wiring is definitely ok. I also tried to uncross the rx/tx ports but of course it didn´t help.

Strange thing is that i can use “VESC Connect” on my iPhone for accelerating/breaking. But the live data section is empty like in your app.

Seems that the Bluetooth module is setup with a different default configuration. To make thinks easy i can only recommend to buy the Bluetooth modules that I recommend. What could also help me is that you download this app and connect to the module and post the information you see via Screenshots here or by pm.

Thanks, i´ll send you some screens i a second.

It´s really strange that accelerating/breaking is working with “BLDC Control” and the live data on both apps don´t. Maybe the rx-part of the module is damaged. @Maxid did you also order your module in china? If not an ebay link to your module would be nice.

I got it from a German ebay seller - the shop does not have it anymore unfortunately. With AT commands we should be able to get this running though. Try the app @Ackmaniac suggested to see what your BLE profiles look like.

These are the screens that i´ve just sent @Ackmaniac