Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

pc running ubuntu 14.04

You know what a terminal or shell is in Ubuntu? The window where you can type in commands.

yes sir 10 char

Then go there, select the folder where you unzipped the files and type make

The terminal is a black screen. How do I select the folder in the terminal?

read this (google is your friend)

This shit is way beyond my skill level. My brain does not want to learn all this computer crap. I can copy and paste, but beyond that reading all that computer garble gives me a headache. I would like to try your app, but unless someone can walk me through this, I give up

Have a look at that video.

Why are you using ubuntu then? How can one be a Linux user and not want to deal with terminals and the basic commands? You do realize there is a Windows and Mac version out there that does not require fiddling with a terminal window.

Because when I got into this esk8 stuff, the windows bldc app was not available. I was able to follow Vedder’s video and copy and paste my way into success. I found that I like Ubuntu, but only when I can copy and paste easily understandable instructions, like Vedder has…

But you do have a windows PC or Mac don’t you? So why not switch now?

I kinda like Ubuntu, don’t want to change. I just want some easy instructions on how to open this app…

Then you need to study at least how the cd command (change directory ) works. It’s described in the video i posted. Because you need to select the extracted folder in the terminal. If that is too much for you then i recommend to stay with vedders original version.

Cool, I will give it a shot or give up, thanks!

I made an install video for you. Hope it helps you out dude. Screencast software I was using sucks and I’m down to one-handed typing because I broke my collar bone the other day. Sorry about that. But you get the idea I’m sure. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the video. I hope this solves the problem for @ekitesurfer.

2 Likes

No problem. Hopefully it does. :slight_smile:

Right on, I am looking forward to checking it out when I get to work!

@SeanHacker was this an esk8 injury?

Yep :smile: