Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

When you set the value to 30A then you should set the max watts to 1080 (3,6V * 10S * 30A = 1080 watts). if you set it to 40A (at your own risk) then 1440 (3,6V * 10S * 40A = 1440 watts).

@DeathCookies Yes, when you have 2 VESCs then the value gets doubled to show the summarized amp draw and watts on the entire system.

1 Like

Hi, I really appreciate your work although I havent tried your software yet. Do you think you will be able to add a feature that can help the rider in case of wireless controller failure? For example a feature that will gradually slow down the board, instead of an abrupt power cutoff (in case of complete signal loss).

Can you please make a screenshot of that. By the way in the new version you don’t have to deal with the ERPM anymore. You set your tire and pulley size and the motor poles and then you can adjust the speed instead of the erpm.

1 Like

Here you get it :slight_smile:

Looks like you have a very small screen and the values don’t fit. looks different on mine. That is the problem with Android devices. There are so many different devices and screen sizes. But i changed it already on the new Version. Hopefully it will work then.

I have a OnePlusOne 5,5". I do not think that it is small :smiley:

I have a dual setup. Wouldn’t I draw then 60A (2x30A) and set the max amp to 2160?

That is already given even with the normal BLDC-Tool. App Configuration → General → Brake current to use when a timeout occurs (A)

You set it for each VESC individually like you would do in the BLDC-Tool. So only 1080.

1 Like

Thanks. I tried to find this info for days. I love this forum.

Sadly mostly it isn’t a complete signal loss. Because that would only happen when the Receiver gets disconnected from the VESC. So the receiver gives the idle signal and the VESC thinks the remote is still available. There is not really a possibility to avoid that. Only chance would be to reduce the current ramping of the VESC. It would be better to fix the connection issues so that you have no dropouts.

1 Like

The new firmware is fished today. Now I only have to make some last tests and review the code a second time and hopefully I can release it by tomorrow. I think this version of the bldc-tool will be a great help because there is a help for the most of the parameters we use. I think that can self a lot of problems for beginners. Took me the entire weekend to write all those texts.

3 Likes

U r a rock star sir :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello @Ackmaniak, I just finished my build today and inmediately uploaded you FW to both VESCs, and I’m having some issues, hope you can give me a hand:

1. On the bench, if I go full throttle and brake only one motor brakes, the other one just slows down
  2. If I give it throttle inmediately after braking wheels do not spin, I need to wait until they stop and throttle works again
  3. If I hold 20% of throttle it slowly goes up to full speed in 8-10 seconds, not sure i this is normal
  4. If I go full throttle and then try to slow down, it keeps going full throttle, only when I reduce the throttle to 15-10% it starts to slow down, there’s an on/off feeling

Here are my VESC settings:

A lot of that, if not all, will change when its under load. The only thing you essentially get as far as real world conditions when bench testing is whether it works or not.

Something is terribly wrong. Post pictures of the settings of both VESCs. I need the motor, bldc, advanced, general and PPM tab. I see already that your battery cutoff start and end Is not adjusted. And the battery max at 60 amps is too high for a dual and the battery min as well. But that doesn’t explain your problems.

I set up everything, even Maximum inpit voltage to 42V and Battery cutoff start to 37V, PPM pulsewidth and after a while I loose all data and I need to set it up again.

At the time I’m setting up two boards, and using the same USB cable and the BLDC tool for both, I think this happwens whenI switch from the VESC from one board to another

When on a dual motor does Max Watt need to be set on both vesc’s, or can that value be set for the master and it work for the slave too?

@mortorojo that’s a great question, I’m wondering the samething.

But If I set the max watt on the slave, nothing happens, if I do it in the master it works

When you change the settings then you also have to write the settings after the change so that the VESC keeps the data. And if the VESC still looses the information then something is wrong with the VESC. And Max input voltage should be 57V.