Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

And i found a picture where they explain the no load voltage in relation to the capacity for a LiPo battery. So it is not very different to a Li-Ion battery for no load. But the voltage cutoffs are different under load situations. So please read the post above.

1 Like

When I did the screenshot I realised that I hadn’t changed the ppm settings to ppm+uart. I corrected that and now it works like a charm. Will be doing some testing tomorrow and then some donations :slight_smile:

Hey, cool app! Do you ever see releasing it for iOS in the future?

I never programmed a IPhone app and I don’t even have a Mac or IPhone. Maybe I will start in the future but @evoheyax also has a app for IPhones.

Why not go by an actual discharge curve? You can find them at Lygte.info. I would use Samsung 25r as a base since that’s what most use

I went for a short ride - couldn’t hold my phone in hand (too cold) to make a video. However the csv files are still not listed in the app - the file explorer shows them though. Used the new version with GPS speed settings. Not sure why it is only me having this problem. I am on a Nexus 5 with custom rom Pure Nexus 6.0.1

Do I need a nunchuck reciever to use PID speed control no acceleration or does it work with a winning remote as well?

At the moment it only works with a ppm remote. So the Nunchuck will not work. If you want cruise control then this would be the wrong mode. But if you want a mode that doesn’t accelerate and only keeps the current speed then this is the way to go. It feels like a mix of normal skateboarding and e-skateboarding because you have to push to your speed and then it can keep it. Mainly i did that to try to create a legal mode for Germany. @Maxid I am working on a update which hopefully fixes the problem you have. But i can’t promisse. Will inform you in the next hours.

The android file transfer app was again also not able to “see” the files inside the folder. I cleared the database (Settings->Apps->Show System Processes->Media Storage->Clear Data) following this post

It helped - I can now transfer the files to my Mac. However your App does still not list any of the csv files. I hope you can solve this :thumbsup:

Plus I have another recommendation: Instead of date as a column in the csv could you add a elapsed time in seconds column? That way one could easily plot the charts with time on the x-axis instead of doing calculations to extract this information from the timestamp. Also one question: I set the number of VESCs in the settings to two. Are the values doubled now or does the csv still show just one VESC?

It doubles the amp and watt values automatically.

So is battery current also doubled? You should probably give some indication in the csv file which columns are actually doubled.

All the marked marked values are multiplied by the amount of VESCs (Motors). So if you have 4 Wheel drive then the values would be multiplied by 4. This way you are able to see the real currents and watt that count for the battery.

I just did a test on my bench with no load. When I use the cruise control button on the nunchuck the battery current and motor current become negative values even though I am not braking but still basically use full throttle. Seems odd, no?

1 Like

Can you please check the CSV files if the value is wrong there. Because i have no answer for that. Maybe something went wrong in your graph calculation. Will show you a video of my cruise control in a couple of minutes. there you can see that it is working.

I noticed the negative values in the app while “riding” the board on the bench not just afterwards in the csv. The charts I just posted to show you what was going on. Maybe it has to do with FOC and no load? Just wanted to let you know. And cruise control does also work in my case - under load and no load.

Do you use my firmware. Because the standard firmware also brakes in cruise control. In my firmware you can disable the braking in cruise control in the advanced tab.

Of course I am using your firmware and BLDC Tool. Not sure what you mean with braking on the standard firmware. I have never experienced this on the standard one. The Nunchuck cruise control is supposed to hold your speed when pressing the C-Button and allows adjusting the speed via the trigger. It behaves the same way in your firmware.

I mean this checkbox in my firmware. When you carve havily in cruise control then you feel that the VESC brakes because it always trys to keep the speed. Because of that i added the feature to disable braking in cruise control. Because it is very disturbing during carving. if you want to disable braking in cruise control it it should not be checked like in the picture.

New Android App Update

I have changed a couple of things in the app. As you can see in the video it shows now green and red bars for power, motor current, battery current and duty cycle. When one of those bars reached the end then it means that this is the actual limiting factor for the power output. For example when maximum motor amps are reached you will see that immediately by the bars. Watch the video then you will understand what i mean.

You can also see that i rearranged the boxes because i wanted to have all the limiting factors below each other to easily see which one is limiting right now.

And i also show in the video how the nicely the cruise control works with a PPM remote.

I also changed the code for the file explorer so @maxis please check if you can see the CSV files now. First please store the default folder again by pressing the disc icon.

As always google needs half a day for to publish the new Version in the Play store. If you can’t wait you can find the apk file in my Dropbox link in the first post of this thread.

2 Likes

But I am not using PWM mode.

1 Like