Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

The only problem with this modified firmware is that you will spent more time with it because of all the possibility’s. You really can personalize how your boards should ride and feel.

1 Like

Yes, damn you! Now i have to go out and buy some panel mount usb connectors! hahaha, im tired of opening my enclosure to change firmware settings :S

When you do that then tape the USB-cable to the VESC so that it can’t shake. Otherwise you might damage your USB plug on the VESC with the vibrations.

Don’t be hating :wink:

2 Likes

I already destroyed my vesc’s usb port while drilling an enclosure :S Might as well just solder the wires to the board lol

Just put some duck-tape around the plug and put some foam below the cable close to the VESC so that the vibrations get damped.

In current mode I used “Soft RPM Limit” to limit the top speed and for to have slower acceleration in higher speeds. I set the values at “Start” 20.000 and at “End” 25.000. Do I have to set the same value (RPM Limit End) in Watt mode for to get the same top speed? And because of the wider trigger range do I still need to set a lower value in " RPM Limit Start"? Because of rain I could not test this.

I have Motor Max 30 and Battery Max 25 for each VESC (dual hubs). 10s Lipo. In Watt mode I will have to set max Watt to 925 or 1850 for the Master? Slave VESC ppm is disabled if I use can bus?

1 Like

@Blasto did you test with the Nano X? I’m looking for feedback on if the Accel curve and watt control help with the short throw on this style of remote. I have the Steez, and Ackmaniac’s mods worked magic on its smoothness.

A motor max of 30 is quite low but that is personal taste. For my dual i have it at 60 with Enertion R-SPEC 6355. You should set it to 925 max watts. And i think you can raise the “Start ERPM” to 23000 with watt mode. It is always good to have a start and end limit if you want to set the speed limit. Because in that range the calculated current gets regulated. Means when set to Start 20000 and End 25000 then 10A are at 20000 ERPM 10A, 22500 ERPM 5A and at 25000 and above 0A. And if you want to restrict your top speed to 25000 ERPM then you should also do that in Watt mode. But just try it first with your old settings and Watt mode with 925 Watts and also adjust the throttle curve to give less power at the lower throttle range like @Blasto did. And then you can start to fine adjust it from there. if you want more power at very low speeds then set your Motor max higher.

And if you have a steering wheel on your remote like on the mini remote and you want cruise conrol the set at the slave VESC the “Cruise Conrol via second channel” mode and connect the steering ppm to that VESC. Also don’t forget to adjust the minimum, center and maximum pulsewidth on the slave.

If anybody has issues with his board and don’t know how to get the settings right then please always post a screenshot of the general motor and ppm settings.

And if it helped you making your board more enjoyable and you want to donate something for the many hours and the ongoing process then feel free :grin: Donations

Thank you! I use Jacob’s hubs and he recommends Motor Max 40 for each Vesc/Motor. 40 is really strong acceleration and for flat land 30 I like. Maybe now in Watt mode I will try to go higher, because of you now I am able to adjust the throttle curve. 925 max watts is all together or for each motor?

925 for each. And i don’t know about hubs. When he recommends it then it should be fine. It always depends on your personal taste. But i always thought that hubs need more Amps, so i am a bit surprised. But that is stuff for another topic.

No i have the winnning

How does the winnings cruise control work. Does it simply keep the actual throttle value or does it hold the exact speed? i have a modded GT2B and a Mini remote. And the Mini remote is perfect with the steering channel to activate the cruise control. Easy controllable via one hand.

There’s no cruise on the winning. I know i said cruise in the video, what i meant is “cruising along” at a constant speed. To which it is easier to do

Oh sorry, think what i meant is the steeze remote.

I tried to configure “Soft RPM Limit”. End is set to 25000 but in Realtime Data - RPM still get about 32000 RPM. I think that should not be or I’m wrong?

Actually what i said was not completely right. Checked the code (same a Vedder) and when the ERPM’s are higher than the “ERPM limit end” value then the current is restricted to the value marked in yellow. So when you stand on it the wind and roll resistance is much higher then when your board is on the bench. So everything is fine. And don’t set this value lower than 1A (Vedder mentioned that once).

So if you have a 10 S fully charged battery then 1A is already 42V * 1A = 42 watts. And i think a hub motor has even less resistance on the bench than a belt drive.

Why use standard USB when you can over engineer some aviation connectors lol!

1 Like

Today I tested “Watt no reverse with brake” in real. I was surprised, that still just about 50% of throttle trigger range is working. In lower speed it is smoother but the rest feels almost the same as current mode. I thought I can use the whole trigger range. When I came home I thought maybe I’m still in current mode, but I’m not. Did I do something wrong or is it like it is? One screenshot is above. Do you need others?