Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

No it can’t. The switch for the light doesn’t give a PPM signal.

That’s a pity. And the one for the mirror throttle?

That doesn’t output a signal. It only makes a change internally to switch the signal. So it can’t be used for cruise.

Ok thank you very much. I will than use it without. So the right configuration sequence would be. Connect master VESC and receiver. Program it as multiple ESC over Can. Then set the motor, battery max and min and the configure the remote (nano x) as PPM signal. Once done with the master VESC repeat the same with the slave VESC except that the receiver is not connected to the slave one and the VESC send data to master over CAN. Do I need to set motor, battery min max too, or it will be done automatically my the master? Thx

You need to configure it for the slave as well.

Hey, first of all, thank you @Ackmaniac for your amazing App and for your modified BLDC-tool, I have been using both for about 3 months now and I can’t get enough :heart_eyes: I love the fact that you can switch modes in the app! (might be helpful when being stopped by the police :wink: ) A slight problem has arisen for me since upgrading my phone to oreo though, since upgrading, I cannot seem to connect to the Bluetooth device anymore… I don’t know if you are aware of this yet, but it seems to be that others are facing this as well: link I have dug around a bit an apparently oreo has a general problem with ble connections, therefore I don’t know if it is something you can fix or not … Maybe this helps? link when switching back to Android 7 everything I working fine, but looking forward maybe there is something that you can do :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1.Board Turned on 2. Reciever turned on 3. Board does Not move (0mph) 4. Connect over Bluetooth

Does that not work?

Nope, as I said it worked perfectly for a couple of months… I did exactly the same as before… oreo does seem to have bluetooth issues…i just wandered if there was something on @Ackmaniac s end, which he could fix

If the smartphone firmware has issues there is nothing i can do about it.

2 Likes

Come on Bro, have him mail you the phone! :joy::rofl::joy: (I gots the jokea today)

2 Likes

I think it is an issue with android oreo to be honest … I found a lot of peoples online having trouble with BLE modules once switching to oreo.

hi, which battery were you using LT2X with 96Wh or LT3X with 144Wh?

LT3x / 7S6P

How is your 2 Vesc setup? 2 controllers via can bus connector Master/Slave where each controller connected to separate side of the Leiftech battery? or you ran y cables to connect battery in parallel (y connector coming from controllers running to joined Y connection coming from both sides of the battery)

Via can bus, this was months ago though and the problem never reappeared. I just had to enable cruise control, ride a few hours then disable it again IIRC. One thing that may be atypical is the can cable is pretty long , around 50 cm, because the 2 vescs are at opposite ends of the board.

so, do you have LT3x battery connected each side separately to each controller, or you ran 2 combined female battery connectors to one and ran to a combined y cable from both controllers to run your power?

@e.board_solutions this has all the info you need :wink: (and more :-P)

1 Like

I can’t find a C rating of Leiftech battery to find out batt max You have 15A, how did you figure that out? you know the C rating?

@Ackmaniac Just just updated my vescs to newer firmware and noticed that in my slave vesc both red and blue led stays permanently on. Is that a problem or why does it do that?

And do I need “soft ermp limit”? I’m using watt mode without reverse and did set PID max erpm to 60000