Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Hi Ackmaina, first of all, i want to thank u for the work u did… i like the extended version… but i do have a topic: iam using a BMS in my Board and the BMS cuts the power to the vescs, when iam brakeing at higher voltage… so i was looking in ur bldc for the maximum brake voltage. so that the board brake as much as the cells like it and dont hurt them… my question is do u have a maxmimum voltage for braking ??

Thanks for answering, greets from stuttgart

Ackmaniac, has anybody tested your code with 4WD…?

Was wondering about 3 slaves on can bus…

I am a lurker on this board because I’m building a robot with 4 10" hoverboard motor-wheels, using VESC as drives…

william…

@Ackmaniac is your bldc Tool v. 3.xx with the ArduboardControler and with the vescuartcontrol compatible by @RollingGecko?

with v. 2.54 it worked.

Thanks

Fabian Langer

I did not test it. But the interface changed in the new firmware and rollinggecko has a vesc6 branch which might work.

hi guys, I-m making some tests with my sk8 but is it htere a way to have a data logging app that can provide an overlay video of the recorded data over a camera recorded video? I-m looking for it and I can’t find it simple to use on windows. thanks

Gabriele

You can use my app to make videos with the camera that have integrated overlays.

Isn’t it bad to use Watt mode for the VESC? i mean if you have a VESC with max 50A output, using 50A at 36V is 1800W but at 42V its 2100W. So if i set the Watt max to 2000W, then at 34V it would overdo the max VESC with a total of 58A that could destroy the VESC`?

All the safety regulations are still active. Max amps has a higher priority than max watts.

Okay so if i have a VESC with max 50A and a 10S battery i should enter 36V * 50 = 1800W ? and then set the motor max and battery max to 50A?

Also is the battery Wh calculated by saying (Cells * nominal voltage * pack capacity) or (Cells * maximum voltage * pack capacity)

its it like this

10 * 3.6V * 12.5Ah = 450Wh

or like this

10 * 4.2V * 12.5Ah = 525Wh

And can you set the motor max to 80A if that is what the motor is rated at if the VESC can max output 50A?

If you are a beginner you can set the motor max to 40 or 60A and the battery max to 50A. Then I would start with 750Watts for each vesc. Later you can go to 80A motor max and raise the watts. 3600 watts total is already plenty for a mid weight driver.

And to calculate what you use 3.6V for Li-Ion and 3.7V for Lipo.

1 Like

Hi, I am really looking forward to try out this firmware and the app too. I have a nano x remote. I read something in the thread but I didn’t find a clear answer. Is it possible to set a cruise control on it? The nano X has two additional bottoms one for the mirror throttle and one called channel two switch (for instance turn on the lights). ffaedb921edd8108ffb429bfb65fe90023cb64fe_1_690x491

No it can’t. The switch for the light doesn’t give a PPM signal.

That’s a pity. And the one for the mirror throttle?

That doesn’t output a signal. It only makes a change internally to switch the signal. So it can’t be used for cruise.

Ok thank you very much. I will than use it without. So the right configuration sequence would be. Connect master VESC and receiver. Program it as multiple ESC over Can. Then set the motor, battery max and min and the configure the remote (nano x) as PPM signal. Once done with the master VESC repeat the same with the slave VESC except that the receiver is not connected to the slave one and the VESC send data to master over CAN. Do I need to set motor, battery min max too, or it will be done automatically my the master? Thx

You need to configure it for the slave as well.

Hey, first of all, thank you @Ackmaniac for your amazing App and for your modified BLDC-tool, I have been using both for about 3 months now and I can’t get enough :heart_eyes: I love the fact that you can switch modes in the app! (might be helpful when being stopped by the police :wink: ) A slight problem has arisen for me since upgrading my phone to oreo though, since upgrading, I cannot seem to connect to the Bluetooth device anymore… I don’t know if you are aware of this yet, but it seems to be that others are facing this as well: link I have dug around a bit an apparently oreo has a general problem with ble connections, therefore I don’t know if it is something you can fix or not … Maybe this helps? link when switching back to Android 7 everything I working fine, but looking forward maybe there is something that you can do :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1.Board Turned on 2. Reciever turned on 3. Board does Not move (0mph) 4. Connect over Bluetooth

Does that not work?

Nope, as I said it worked perfectly for a couple of months… I did exactly the same as before… oreo does seem to have bluetooth issues…i just wandered if there was something on @Ackmaniac s end, which he could fix