Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

This is awesome. Would this work on dual on splitter? Or only on canbus?

Just rode few km with my new board noticed that my brakes are way too powerfull. It’s very scary to brake at hi speed. What would be best way yo soften that brake? I’m using nano-x remote, my motor min is 30A and i haven’t touch braking curve.

Did you adjust the ppm settings?

No i didn’t. I just made that “auto wizard” and used those values.

Any idea what are good values? I would like very soft throttle and brakes in both modes.

Here is a throttle curve that should give you smooth acceleration / brakes:

3 Likes

So i don’t have to change PPM values? Only throttle curve.

Make sure your PPM value are also set correctly, yes.

1 Like

Brakes are still crazy. Throttle is fine but brakes are like on/off. I move that throttle pot 2-3mm and i can stop at steep hill and i weight 90kg so what should i do? Here is my settings.

For better testing make the brake curve linear. If you pull the trigger slowly does the green bar follow it in the same time from 50 to 0%? 0% should be reached when the trigger is at the end of his way not earlier. If this is alright try to set Motor min to 20 and Batt min to -5. Do you feel a difference now or same hard braking?

Yes green bar do follow. I changed motor min to -20 and its little better but but still way too powerfull. Now i can use sbout half throttle. I think i try -15 or more linear brake curve.

Got everything working except the Bluetooth is not connecting to my phone. Any tips?

Here is the trick to fix your brakes.

1. Turn on your remote first, not your board
  2. Press the throttle all the way up
  3. Press the brakes all the way down
  4. Turn on your board
  5. Ride with the brakes working fine

Does that actually work? Sounds interesting

1 Like

I thought that works only with car escs? Because in vesc you have PPM settings.

Let me know if it works

Yes it did! Awesome.Now i just have to add some brake power :smiley:

1 Like

Just one word about your work! It is awesome !!!

I have just build my board with dual 6375 and vesc-x and never use the original vedder firmware but your’s and it is perfect :slight_smile: Thanks you for all !

I have seen that you provide source code for your modified firmware. Is it possible to share your android app too ? i wan’t to create a application in my raspberry for transmit information via GSM and i think i will use bluetooth for communicating with my rasp because i wan’t to keep it in my bag :slight_smile:

So if it is possible juste said me , it can be very usefull for me.

Sincerely

I tracked down an android device to try and use for this, but it is only a Nexus S 4G w/Android 4.1.2 build JZ054K. Looks like I need at least Android 4.4? I am having a hard time finding the right android update to sideload, can you point me in the right direction? I was able to sideload the Vesv Monitor app but got the expected parse error when trying to install on unsupported older hw and OS. Any help much appreciated, I just want to get something up and running (Wifi no wireless carrier) just for Vesc Monitor app!

Personally, i have to smartphone, a galaxy s4, and a “ELEPHONE S7”.

Since the last update only my S4 is ok with the vesc monitor application. The 2 phones are on android 6. Perhaps you can upgrade your phone with a cyanogenmod ?