EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Ubuntu, or the source and I can build it. I’d like to check out your mods but never have been able to. It’s not worth using a virtual machine when I can just use the Vedder versions.

What is the github/bitbucket link?

Source is available on Github.

Source Code

2 Likes

Linux build is available for the Ackmaniac version

edit: newer one below

1 Like

Do i have to downgrade or how?

I was able to fix that without a programmer, but do not run any motor until you upload the correct firmware. I also accidentally picked 48 once. I don’t remember how I fixed it, with one of the tools I was able to load the 412 firmware.

You have to completely flash the VESC: New Bootloader and then software.

Search for „St-Link bootloader“

Edit: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-installing-a-bootloader/752

What I’m saying is I accidentally installed 48 firmware on a FOCBOX and succesfully got 412 firmware flashed onto it without using a programmer or uploading a new bootloader. Unfortunately I don’t remember which tool I used; it was a linux build of one of them, and not this one above.

Interesting… I also flashed my vescs with the wrong HW-Fw but didnt manage to resolve it without using a st-link. Would be nice if you remember how, specially for those who dont have a programmer.

I can upload a new bootloader, but “…it will destroy bootloader and firmware…updates cannot be done anymore…”

Do or not do?? What does it mean? Can i destroy it and then install the right firmware??

Anybody knows the answer ? Thanks

FOC or bldc?

What’s your min rpm before applying full brake set at?

FOC on motors without sensor. I have not touch those settings, because i don`t think that the original vesc-tool allows me to change that settings ? What i´m saying is, that i run the settings pretty much stock, besides the motor/battery min/max thing. Do you think that i would get rid of that crappy function, if i flash the ackmaniac fw instead ? Thanks…

I said no to that question and did not upload a new bootloader

1 Like

hi, ive got problem with throttle on about 26% motor work on full power, how to change that 50% of throttle = 50% of motor duty etc.? the same is with reverse;/

Is this on the bench, or when riding ?

What is on the “Throttle Curve” tab?

I know a lot of people want that but it doesn’t really make sense. If you expect the motor to turn with 50% speed when at 50% throttle then how much % torque should the motor give when the motor is actually at 10% speed.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone was able to avoid the wheels locking during braking at almost dead stops.

The maximum ERPM for full brake parameter is no longer displayed on the ESC tool.

What’s the difference from the esc-tool and bldc tool in the dropbox?

this test is performed in bench. The throttle curve is default. Im asking also because ive got two level of speed from controller (~75% and 95%)and during riding it not change anything since ive full duty on 26% throttle