Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Also, @Rob.Endless were you the one who modded an extra ABEC wheel pulley to fit the fat cline spokes? I need to either dremel a few clones or mod the wheel pulley instead. Can you post a picture and description of what you did, so that I don’t ruin a wheel pulley in the process lol lol Thanks!

Just being curious…so GT uses LION batteries just like Enertion Raptor somehow Raptor battery compartment seems a lot thicker ?? or am I wrong ?

I think there is a little bit of the enclosure under the board. Maybe an Evolve Carbon GT owner can take a picture of the thickness of the board.

@appelton it’s just how they designed the board and battery. I think the gt doesn’t use battery spacers and wrapped their batteries directly instead of using a housing.

You can see there thickness here https://goo.gl/images/JO370d

Is anybody having issue with the charger ?? my board says 100% but the red light still ON on the charger !!! Now everything is top working the bord is not powering !!! Please help

check the battery voltage from the remote it’ll turn green at 42v

i decide to Charge it using the charger that came with ! My battery life was at 75% when I got home , 2 hours later I check the battery using the remote and the battery is a 100% but the red light on the charger still ON !!! So i decide to wait for the greenlight to come ON . it took almost an hour to turn green !! Now this this morning I Wanted to go for a ride and the board doesn’t turn on!! There is no blue blinking light anymore there is nothing And the remote is not reading any thing!!! Please help!!!

Maybe open the deck and check any connectors etc…

Sounds like a loose connection or solder joint. ( hope it’s something easy )

I believe the charger over charge the battery!!! And probably something blew up inside !!! The charger’s light never turned green at 100% !!! Now the board is dead !!! And the remote is not reading anything no signal no nothing and I cannot turn the board on any more !

The charger does take quite a while to finish charge cycle at the end.

I bought everything at local stores, forgot the brands tho. I’ll check when i get home.

Nope, they use Li-op batteries! you can find info in the spec sheet on evolve’s website

I’m assuming you mean “li-po”? If so, no they use Li-ion cells.

I had 35% battery life left and charged it yesterday and took a little over 5 hours to charge. The same day (yesterday), I purchased a fast charger. It finished charging around midnight :frowning: and so I went for another midnight run for an hour and half with only street lights…kind of risky. It would have just taken piece of stick/little branch or good size rock to send me off flying on GT mode. So yeah, it does take a long time to charge with the standard charger.

I’ve run over pretty large sticks and rocks on my GT with 97’s and 83’s, nothing seems to stop it :stuck_out_tongue:

If you left the power button on (pushed in) and it timed out, you have to release it for 5-10seconds and turn back on. I’ve left mine on couple times. Thankfully has a time out feature. Also I wouldn’t worry about the remote showing 100% and it still charging. I’ve ridden up to 10km, come to a stop, and the battery % can creep back to 100%, but still take charge when I got home.

Slightly tangential, but as folks are addressing battery/range/charging, I did a quick test yesterday to see how long/far I would go on a single battery charge and then how long it took on standard charger to get back to green light/100%/42.3V. Specifics won’t be precisely relevant to others as I wanted to know how long/far I should budget for my rides, but for what it is worth I am 190lbs and temperature was 85 deg F, riding was continuous with a few leisurely stops. Mode was GT for 50% of time and fast for the rest. Terrain was NYC Manhattan streets from Soho to Harlem up east FDR, bridge over to Randall Ward Island, back via Central Park and down west side. Lots of torque acceleration and actually up a few hills I could find . Hit max speed and cruised, but also alot of stop/start traffic lights acceleration at max.

Results were 21.9 miles over 2 hours 34 minutes until remote registered battery drain and died. (try not to do this much as not good for your board Li battery BTW but I did just to see how the deck retired . Recharged earlier today took 6 hours and change (was not watching it closely) using the standard charger (I have not tried my fast charger, still want to research the impact on battery of fast charge)

All-in-all super satisfied as did everything I wanted to do, no holding back, and pretty much circled a majority of Manhattan Island. So what more could I ask of this awesome deck at least for my purposes! (I have gone from furthest tip south BPC to furthest tip north earlier this week). In my estimation, 22 miles at my pace will clearly equate to over 31 miles on ECO if need be.

1 Like

Thanks for the test! Was this on the 32T or 38T pulley?

32T, still have not gotten to using the 38T or the kegel tangs or AT either…too busy banging up my deck!

Though I did match my pink 97mm clones with replacement pink noseguard screws

1 Like

So those 97mm pink clones fit I see, got a link to those wheels? @caustin So far, those who purchased black 97mm flywheel clones, including myself, found that the spokes are too thick. The purple ones fit.

One of the grub screws on the rear end of the motor fell off on my GT. There are 4 per motor. Does anyone know where I can get one?