Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Wearing jeans and evolve carbon shirt lol.

I got down pretty low and tried riding with wind as much as possible.

Their beta testers got up to 43kmh, that is after bearings, belts and motors worn in etc…

I’d say give it 50 miles or so. Or a week of riding. Belts do take a while to break in. Bearings especially…

I will be testing with a full face helmet on a compression shirt and sweatpants…will see how that turns out lol

Just had a quick ride to show my friend.

Wearing jeans and hoodie(crouched) got it to 40kmh.( 97mm abec st )

It said 40 on controller and phone gps app…

4 Likes

Wow awesome pic

Anyone who likes hard bushings to help ride fast.

Try these, cheaps and strong!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252223300465?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=551056203742&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tried some name brands but these are the most durable and hard!.

Nice, glad to see you were able to hit 40kmh…

Which name brand bushings have you tried? I’ve had no problems with name brand bushings before

I just purchased 4 sets of those bushings right now, i’m taking your word for it. If they end up sucking, not a real loss, cheap ass hell anyway.

Evolve, Doh Dohs, independant and oust… These cheap ebay chinese bushings are ultra hard and don’t really deform at all over time. They just get squashed a little.

Best I’ve found yet. I like to ride fast and need stability for breaking at 40+km. ( Death Wobbles! )

Waiting for my oust moc 9 bearings ( fast, strong and good seal ) Rode these on my Carbon

Since you mentioned CF vinyl earlier, i thought about it as well and ended up buying some online.

Well if price is your constraint and those work I guess that’s cool…but I haven’t even heard of those brands you mentioned (except evolve of course) when it comes to bushings. Maybe it’s because I’m in the U.S., but have a go at some Venom eliminators, black widow bushings, or venom barrels…those are the best in the game here. Haven’t tried the double kingpin truck so not sure how these bushings will need to be configured but I’ll be making a video on bushings and adjustment in the future.

I’m actually gonna go with this: 3M Clear Bra Paint Protection Bulk Film Roll 6-by-25-inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3IXSMA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_2vvyxbTXA5BBP

…sorry for the sudden change lol I don’t really want cover up the bottom of the board’s glory and c.f. tape may not be as cohesive with the existing c.f. in terms of the color…I feel like it would look a bit weird the more I imagine it. I still have some left over from the last time I did it to my BB

1 Like

Please do contact HQ about that charging port issue ASAP @LordofTaco, they can still make test/ make changes to their boards going out and other distributors…you’d be a hero :slight_smile:

That looks like a fair amount of 3M clear-bra film, I just purchased a larger portion just in case. I also bought some standard color CF vinyl and a silver version for fun. I am going to try and clear bra the whole top deck as well as the bottom portion. A nose guard is not a bad idea as well, not sure where i can buy one that fits tho. Now, i wish they made some type of cover/skin for the remote and maybe slap a screen protector on the display lol.

Yeah I’m getting two lol but clear bra the entire top??? I assume you’re talking about the shiny parts lol I might try that… Not gonna mess with the vinyl though. I will probably put a screen protector on the remote too, I feel like one bad drop and it’s done lol

They make a nose guard for the previous carbon, not sure how it goes on though I’ll have to check

I’ll just leave this here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bet everyone at evolve USA knows you by now.

Everyone in the esk8 industry knows me by now it seems lol I’m everywhere

1 Like

Next week, holy crap im excited as hell. Their US distribution center is in Carlsbad California, if so that is fairly close to where i am from =) i think i am just going to camp out in their parking lot next week haha jk

Lol I bet if you call them you could pick it up. People did that with Evolve HQ. For those awaiting it to be shipped note there are only 3 employees at the USA distrib so they might not get that many boards out the door day 1. I suggested they go by order # in terms of shipping, they were uncertain, and said they might do it that way…so I might get mine shipped fairly early :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like