Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

My guess would be motor/ ESC efficiency

I was very very impressed with the range, I’m keen to do a full range test of normal ‘fun’ riding, and then trying to get the best range possible to see what it is. However when going up steep hills near the end, the percentage would drop way down to 3 or 4%, and then back to near 40% when on flats. (apparently it’s a voltmeter so when the battery is under load the voltage drops) Not sure how that’ll relate to real battery life however.

Also, while breaking down a hill you can watch the battery meter count back up as it recharges, which is super satisfying to see.

This is awesome and interesting to hear. Keep us updated. I’m liking the news so far. I know they seem to stay secretive of their battery. Did you have an evolve prior?

I’m faily confident I’ll be able to get the 50km advertised (in good conditions) and probably around 40km in everyday conditions (which is rather hilly for me) I’ve never owned a board before, and I have only ridden a boosted dual+ shortly so unfortunatley I dont have much to compare this to.

Ok cheers. Gt will be my first too. Although I have ridden a couple evolves and long ago a fiik. Definitely keep us all posted. I know @Mr_Mahal is keen for his.

Seriously impressed by that range! Really makes me want to get one like now. @Mr_Mahal you’re lucky you got your order in.

If you can get min 40km range that is awesome on 1 charge. Thats some serious skatebaoadding.

Jeff said, the GT is more efficient than the older versions and the motors are lighter. But 50km would be really impressive, I think this is marketing, real life range should be 40km I guess.

I need a 500Wh Battery to get 50km on my Gen2 Evolve.

@Photorph I knew I made the right decision and Evolve wasn’t bullshitting :slight_smile: If you refund your raptor, you may be able to hop in for second round for GT sometime soon once they ship out first batches orders before the end of the month. You’ll probably get it by August.

@loose_nickers I am definitely “keen” for this :stuck_out_tongue:

@E-Boarding, man 40km with 30% hills…insane. 50km is realistic I’d say if you live on flats. Take into account he’s also light as well. I’m about 71kg, so hopefully should be seeing that amazing range :smiley:

Some of you may still be doubting this board without any videographic evidence, but I’ll be glad to show you all when I get mine :smile:

I got my GT today!!!

Heaps of torque!! Went for 20km skate from %100.(GT mode) Mostly flat but surfed a fair bit of grass ans grass hills. Battery read %54 when I got home seems consistent on AT setup.

I believe it’ll do 50km on streets. ( an evolve tester got 63km on eco mode ) " " 35km on AT.

I previously had carbon and it went faster than advertised and also got range as advertised…

P.S. Careful from start on GT mode lol…

3 Likes

How fast did you go on the AT set up?

I didn’t use gps but got up to bout 35( on display on flat )

Try streets tomorrow. (97mm abec 11)

Nice, whenever you get a chance could you take a picture of your 97mm wheels with the drive gear inserted? I got 97mm abec clones, and one person I know who has his board said his drive gear doesn’t fit in them. Trying to figure out if I have to get the genuine.

Ok. Anything else u want me to check. Will do gps tracking tomorrow.

BTW not keen to pop battery hatch just yet…

If you can see how your GPS and the remote speedometer match up that would be great. Also if you could see how long you can maintain 42kmh on the 97mm wheels or what speed you can cruise on going full throttle in GT mode that’d be all I need. A few people still doubt the accuracy of the speed claims by evolve. Range was the other but that’s already been proven :slight_smile:

Don’t need to pop the hatch @darkydawson , @Dedbny it is 360Wh with li-ion batteries Jeff has confirmed this already in a live broadcast on FB.

Hey guys, just went for a short night ride and took a photo of the remote during the ride and also right as I finished.

This was mainly on flats and average speed of arounmd 25km/h

Imgur The last few kilometres were me going up and down hills, the board rips into any hill I threw it at, easily hitting mid 20-low 30km/h not even in GT mode!

If you have the standard gear flip it into 32T, the 38T is the one bought serparetely. It will affect your readings a bit I believe according to beta testers

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that guys :frowning: my previous readings from before were in 32T mode (which is correct) but these ones must be slightly off

Hey buddy! Hope these are okay for you. If you’d like another angle let me know and I can retake.

Anyone else finding the Evolve drive gear with the ABEC wheels are really hard to get on and off? The drive gear on the old Bamboo with ABECs were really loose.