Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Guy come back to this forum the

Honestly, you can put other wheels on them, you’d have to pour them from a mix, but the process is as simple as making jello. Or get rims cnc milled for you (Might not be a cheap option, but it’s possible). You imagination is your limit.

Hubs are the lazy man (or beginner diy) option in my opinion. No need to assemble anything mechanically, which leaves just the electrical system. I’ve been thinking of selling kits for exactly this. It’s like, the electric legos of e-boarding. I know the hurdles that are there. Tools are one, skills are another. Soldering is hard when you know little about it. It took me years to learn to solder well. Removing hurdles for beginners.

Belts are the weak link in all e boards in my opinion. Hubs are the future.

I don’t understand why more people don’t use a chain instead of belt.

Pros: thinner more durable lasts longer no snapped belts cheaper (the parts I’m using at least) don’t slip like belts may do looks meaner

Con: a bit louder

and, if there gets a rock between it and the pulley, you have to cange your complete drivetrain. on a Belt setup, the cheapest part is the weak spot.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Evolve GT | Riding & Instructional Videos

That is freaking awesome!

What’s your take on the situation so far?

I’ve driven many miles on my chain drive mountain board on a gravel track (and other surfaces) and I’ve never had that happen, whereas my belt driven board with the same amount of miles on it will probably need a new pulley and belt soon.

This is playing with my sanity…I think I need to take a break…

I think I take that back lol…

Lol ur hilarious

20 funny words

Time to hunt for the “Kickstarter Starlet” :slight_smile:

Guys, newbie, I know its technically not GT topic

…please don’t attack me… Ive Bamboo gen2, trying to remove battery, almost got it…almost… can’t get the yellow cable to disconnect…any advise…please? :worried:

Heres a pic of the issue… you guys really seem to know ur stuff, so who better to ask!!! :slight_smile:

Looks like a standard bullet type electrical connector. Could be wrong. They should just pull apart

1 Like

Hahah wtf … Attack you…Oh gees are we that bad? Lol I’m sure most of the angst is tounge and cheek, and a diversion from real life … Kinda like bs in the locker room … End of the day we go home lol

1 Like

I love how people steal my little saying nuggets

Nice one, ur right was a bullet connector, i just got angry with it and she popped open. :slight_smile:

Maybe I’ll just find a hypnotist that can make me forget about esk8 for several months…think that would be cheaper than buying another starlet board :confused:

1 Like

I just don’t see while you are waiting, you just don’t build one…

You can check out these new motors that @chaka is selling…l👀k familiar?

You can do it!

If I started right now how long do you think it would take everything to get here though?

Batteries, VESC, motor, motor mount, deck, wheels, gears, belts, etc… I thought everything was basically shot in terms of stock, at least battery wise which seems to be pretty important

That motor does look cool :hushed: