Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Just thought I’d share… :slight_smile:

You can’t actually find the text “Evolve GT Carbon” anywhere in their code when on the site though…usually it would be metadata in the header.

Man, you’re obsessed. Can’t say I blame you, so am I.

2 Likes

If I still had my BB, believe me, I wouldn’t be…it’s like a giant fucking black hole in daily routine that I can never ignore… Everytime I miss the bus, deal with traffic, hunt for a parking space, ride a bike, or feel the sun on my face I just imagine how awesome it would be to have the board. All I can do is talk about this board until it arrives at my door…then I will still be talking about it but on video :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me guess you want to buy The gt skateboard lol Everybody’s getting crazy for this board

I hope they release details on a street version of the GT. Would love to save a few bucks

@Ermac-514 please re-post on

Thanks

1 Like

Dang! Had an idea for an oled screen with realtime data. Unfortunately, as a college student with the know-how of how to do this, I don’t have the money for enertion’s expensive af stuff!

1 Like

I believe they said we would get more details (pre-launch on the 25th) this Wednesday the 18th. The price is likely to be the same scheme as the current series (1600, ~1700, 1950) or about $100 more (for each) going by what reviews lead on.

1 Like

I think I could live with spending $2000 all said in done with tax and shipping to Canada if I get the bambo gt. I hope they even give options like street only to save even more money. I doubt I would ever use the AT wheels.

I think they will. They are all about options so I don’t think they just want to fuck people over that were used to their lower competitive prices. They know 2k realistically is asking a lot. That being said, I will get everything because even though my roads aren’t abysmal, it opens up a whole new world I never got to see because I could only ride on pavement.

Think of all the grass, forests, parks, alleys, you would have access to. It’d be limitless (and actually last).

Makes sense but for me, I’m looking to get something to have fun with and not worrying about buying another one until the battery is fried

Don’t want all the options but I see what you mean how it’s appealing to lots of people

Mr_Mahal, I did use the new remote but it wasn’t fully functional yet so didn’t use all features, basically just accelerate and brake. Felt in hand very much like the old one. To be honest I prefer the scroll mechanism of the Boosted remote as it allows more precision with acceleration and braking as opposed to a trigger which is a slightly more difficult movement for fine adjustment. Certainly not a deal breaker though.

I see, I was concerned because I actually really like using my thumb to control throttle (I used to be a gamer, feels natural) and thought that using my index finger might be too odd. In that gizmag review they did say the throttle was really sensitive. But I guess in due time I would adjust to it. I can see myself spending the first 50 miles on a track going in circles until I feel confident enough to take it on the road lol Also looking forward to see how easily I can switch between reverse and accelerate.

I’ve used the Evolve index trigger remote for 2 yrs and find it intuitive. Like it even more after I found how weird and tiring it is to operate other thumb trigger or thumb dial remotes.

1 Like

The new Evolve remote looks similar to the previous remote so expect the reverse feature is still the same. You’ll need to use the thumb to push one of the buttons to switch to reverse so can’t toggle forward and reverse in one stroke compared to thumb triggers. In my 3 years riding Evolve boards, Ive ever needed to switch into reverse and forward on a dime unless I’m doing 180 pendulum slides.

1 Like

I just had a brief e-mail exchange with Evolve in Germany regarding ordering and shipping to Switzerland. They replied that orders can be placed as of May 25th and they will be able to ship end of June.

1 Like

Nice! But end of June?? Hmm…wonder if that is just because they’d have to get it first before they can ship to you. Hopefully not the case for those with distribution centers in their country. But that’s better than never (or more specifically, a year).

1 Like

I believe what they meant is shipping from their DC in Germany will start end of June and not reaching me in Switzerland end of June.

That’s what I’d figure, wondering what the shipping time will be for people in the same country as their nearest DC. Either way, good news for everyone!