Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

I have used phone app’s before with cycling and have found they tend to start chewing battery pretty quickly. I use a garmin device on my bike now. It is one option while riding, but would be annoying to hold in hand as well as a remote.

The new Evolve will be awesome. Get your orders in. Still think the Raptor is the one to beat at the moment for completes. Untill the production version can be tested back to back.

I do wonder however if the battery of the remote can last with having to deal with extra features. Ive just used my Raptors for over 1.45hrs. Space cell ran out before remotes. No point making a board that can go for longer range if the remote cant last.

Will definitely be interesting to see.

What range and real world top speed you get from raptor?

Over 30km distance and 40+km/hr. Dont know about you guys, but at those speeds its fast. Im sure it can meet the claimed 45km/hr.

Probably they have a dual motor now !!

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Evolve GT | Riding & Instructional Videos

What Garmin model do you use? I’ve been looking into this as well.

I have en Edge510 on the bike. It’s fine being mounted in front of you. Not sure I’d want to hold on to it while on a board though.

1 Like

I hava a Garmin Edge 25 which is really compact and robust. I could mount it to my board if I wanted to. Added bonus: it works with my heart rate sensor, you know, for those gnarly moments :sunglasses:.

1 Like

@loose_nickers @trbt555 yup I’ve been eye’ing a Garmin for awhile. How exactly does it mount to the board? Seems like it has handle bar mounts but how would that work on a deck?

One word: Sugru

1 Like

But then there’s still the issue of reading speed etc on the go. It ok if you just want to record the ride

Then get a garmin watch.

Who makes a universal Bluetooth HUD display that attaches to glasses or sunglasses? Anyone?

https://www.skully.com/

Theres one for bike helmets, so cant seevwhy it couldnt be adapted forvan eboard

1 Like

Thank you, sir. I knew there had to be something out there like this. Now how to adapt something small and universal for us? Hmm…

So since I came across the recent videos from Evolve, I’ve been following their releases to see what is coming. They just released another video! Holy crap. It is looking pretty good to me. @onloop you must have predicted the future. DUAL MOTORS!!!

It’s looking pretty sleek.

Really looking forward to seeing more for this.

1 Like

That’s cool, but evolve always used gutless low powered motors… Any idea of actual power? Two motors might make it more stable, but there are too many higher powered options available if they haven’t stepped up their power game?

Still haven’t found any specs. They won’t say anything.

My board can peel out too…even in slow-mo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: