Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

Good idea. Its massive

you are now mod

Yeah its gotten a bit redonkulous

Thanks @onloop, appreciated. Agree, I can’t see the gain with a partial cover that opens forward. It just allows an intake/channel for debris. Maybe it’s there to protect the motor gear (or small fingers), because a rear mount set-up exposes them more than a forward design?

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/evolve-gt-why-choose-evolve-gt-vs-diy-build/5489

1 Like

I just went for a 25km ish skate around the foreshore in newcastle where i live. Lovely day, about a million people everywhere. Handles like a dream. Brakes as smooth as.

My friend came along on a mountainbike.

Was on 97mm abecs. Even managed to ride on form grass more than once.

Would be awesome for a personal trainer lol.

I was carving most of the way from 20kmh to 35kmh. No probs. Still using stock everything.

Truck handle perfect. Factory bushings tight. Point and shoot. Surf is always up.

Best fun you can have with your clothes on!

2 Likes

That quote though.

Hi, I’m new over here and preordered the Carbon GT 2 in 1. For the purpose of flight with the board, can an owner post the End 2 End length size of the board? Including the rear motors? Also can some please post an image of the battery itself?

Thanks Idan

Hi Idan, 108 or 109mm from the forward edge of the front tire, to the rear of the motor.

Wow Thanks for the quick respond. Any idea getting image of that battery?

Thanks!!

This was in this mammoth thread somewhere. Not my pic.

Just wondering with all the glossy carbon on the gt would it get all scratched up when you stand on it and use it all the time? I had the bamboo street and never had that issue. And whats the flex like on the gt deck compared to the bamboo street? On my bamboo i used to get scratches all over the motor mount and and motor itself and wondering if that issue is still current with the gt? As i would hate to see a scratch on those outrunner motors. New to carbon boards but ive seen videos of people jumping and flexing their bamboo boards and if that was done on the gt would it crack or snap?

I’ve done maybe 120-50 km so far, including wet/ muddy days where my shoes get dirt/ grit on them, and I just had a good look at the deck- no scuffs or scratching from my feet at all. But @Rob.Endless had significant scuffing very early on from memory. Not sure how the others are faring. I’ve scratched the back of the motor mounts slightly- a shop assistant held my board and when I got back she was resting it on the ground on the motor end… But because these have an exposed motor design, and the backend is heavy than the front, there is a good chance the rear motor mounts and motors will get scuffed eventually, especially if you ever pick it up from the front. The flipside is, the board has excellent clearance (relatively speaking) underneath, because the motors aren’t forward of the rear trucks (more prone to scuff on speed humps/ driveways). No flex in the board at all. It feels like a tank so no, I no, you couldn’t crack or snap it, IMO. It is solid. Being Carbon fibre though, it’s pretty unforgiving on sharp/ blunt impacts as a couple blokes have discovered already. Where wood will dent a little, carbon fibre will damage pretty bad, but can be repaired. At the end of the day as good as these things look, they are built for riding and they will wear with use. Keen to hear if others are finding their boards scratching up or not.

Against your own weight? Yes. Against a car tire? No…

Would love to know if this is repairable…

What’s under the carbon? What kind of core is it?

I rode it. It’s a nice stiff deck. Not much concave.

U can fix it.