Evolve Skateboards - New Board - GT Carbon!

If you have the standard gear flip it into 32T, the 38T is the one bought serparetely. It will affect your readings a bit I believe according to beta testers

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that guys :frowning: my previous readings from before were in 32T mode (which is correct) but these ones must be slightly off

Hey buddy! Hope these are okay for you. If you’d like another angle let me know and I can retake.

Anyone else finding the Evolve drive gear with the ABEC wheels are really hard to get on and off? The drive gear on the old Bamboo with ABECs were really loose.

Yeah gears are pretty tight. Just keep wiggling and you’ll get em out…

Make sure you have all bearings in wheels plus 4 spacers between drive bearing.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Evolve GT | Riding & Instructional Videos

Thanks @Kelvinski, looks like I might have to get that pair. The spokes look too thick on mine, or maybe slightly slightly off…don’t really wanna risk messing them up by modding them. Might just sell them on here to someone who knows how or has a drive gear that fits.

I got too excited and have the stock evolve street wheels, AT wheels and have the kegel drive wheels and both orange and purple orangatangs on the way lol

Oh,forgot and 97mm street wheels as well

You have your board or is this you prepping ? lol

I have no eboard or even a regular skateboard/longboard and have zero experience on a board lol. Prepping lol, spent a ton on extras and safety gear, demon united armor, tsg pass in CF, all sorts of bearings, ceramics, super reds, oust 9 airr, rush abec9s, and some other board related stuff, might buy some clear bra and try to apply it on the cf deck.

I dont even know my stance, like which is my kicking foot lol

@Rob.Endless christ man, I really hope you never fall that CF helmet is overkill if you’re new…you will have to bail at some point especially with the GT lol everyone has at least one fall. I suggest getting a back up full face that’s cheaper for starting out. The foam can get compromised on any helmet when you crash and you have to replace it. Would suck to be out of $400+. As far as bearings save yourself some money and just use Zealous. Especially if you plan on switching wheels often. Built in spacers and speed rings will save you a lot of time.

Now what is this “bra” you speak of :hushed:

1 Like

Oust moc 9 airr are awesome!

2 Likes

Wow. Ur going in full bore from not ever even swimming. And u don’t even know if ur goofy or regular! Nice to see the enthusiasm. I can relate. Before getting into eboards 2 years ago last time I owned a board i bought one to try a half pipe, got injured and sold it 3 days later, and before that I was 14 and would tic tac around the neighborhood…till I decided bikes were where it was at

1 Like

Pleas be careful dude! I know it’s hard to do but try to start slow for the first few rides. When I had the Yuneec E-go I crashed a few times, hard. And that’s at a snail top speed of 12.5 mph. Even at that speed I teared my muscles real bad, I’m actually still dealing with it a year after several incidents, can’t even work out as hard as I used to. That said, falling off the board is like a ritual that most eboardee will go through, so safety first!

@mr_mahal I think I’m going to buy the GT in a few months (you guys have really convinced me) when they work out all the problems from the first batch. I think I’ll do some DIY on the Raptor and use it for adrenaline rush whenever I can.

1 Like

lol, you remind me of a guy we took paintballing once, he had a well paying job and has never played. We planned the outting 2 months in advance and he BOUGHT $3,000+ worth of gear. On game day he was dressed like Scuba Steve and so padded up he had no idea he was shot. He didn’t like the game and never played again, sold all his stuff a few years later

I would suggest you borrow a plan ol’ skateboard from someone or just buy cheap $30 one from Walmart and get the basics of rolling, kicking off, turning and stepping off.

Congrats on the enthusiasm!

2 Likes

@Mr_Mahal i was thinking about that too, might get get a cheap helmet for now plus the full face will make me look like im a pro or something lol, which i am far from.

@darkydawson i did some research and oust came out on top, i just got a bunch of bearings since i have a lot oh wheels coming in.

@Hummie i hope you are okay now, i am a bit worried about falling, good thing the streets are smooth

@nate thanks, i’ll definitely have to start slow

@Mikenopolis i was thinking about that next, i plan on going to a local skate shop and buy a regular longboard.

Since you seem to be comfortable spending $$, I’d recommend you get the evolve backpack too (not me in the picture) lol:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13413606_1750961791783354_6654918141715394188_n.jpg?oh=965e3dfbf5c63821096c79ecb6d5ad89&oe=57C7E587 https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13423840_1750961808450019_6138065467967395620_n.jpg?oh=a60b28fb36234b2affb5467319f371e5&oe=57CAAF39 https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13315687_1750961818450018_1607195665823205004_n.jpg?oh=f57eb07081c7a81581004b34fdb1d7e0&oe=57D0BB13 https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13427767_1750961781783355_3102893213082443184_n.jpg?oh=65f5ffcd49a35f35a68357c83b666e43&oe=58088AD5

Pro tip: to conserve battery (which you’ll never need to do) you could even throw w.e backup longboard you have in this backpack and just k&p when you’re in a crowded area. Or whenever you’re in a shop just throw the GT in there. Definitely gonna get this eventually, makes traveling with the board much easier.

2 Likes

Holy crap, board looks huge on someones back, mr_mahal here is the clear bra i was talking about http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-x-72-Genuine-3M-Scotchgard-PRO-Series-Paint-Protection-Film-Clear-Bra-Roll-/291780799457?hash=item43ef7dabe1:g:JRcAAOSwr7ZW2cGP&vxp=mtr