Evolve GT | Wheels Sizes & Pulley Setups

Haven’t heard the GTX belts being any different than other GT but you need to be sure to correctly specify to the wheel type (street or AT) and wheel pulley teeth count (32 or 38) as these affect belt specs etc. Once you have the belt right, easy to source from various vendors from Aliexpress to vbelt or polybelt or etc

Ok thanks. But belts are different for street or AT wheels? I thought it was the same for both.

Anyway, if any of you, as GTX belts, as you say, I’m sure are the same as GT ones, already know any aliexpress vendor that sell good belts, please share the link :slight_smile: Thanks!!!

Any of you Evolve guys have the AT wheels? I have a few questions about them.

Yes sure, a lot for folks with evolve AT wheels here

How does the pulley mount to the wheel? It looks as it it just slips in and there is a bearing inside of it. Is there also a bearing on both sides of the wheel?

So I picked up the Evolve GTX 97s for my Carbon GT and I LOVE them. The new top speed is awesome and I love the new torque curve…however. I had a little rub in the beginning and now I can hear the belt rubbing against the wheel. I’ve tried adding spacers until there is no more room left for spacers (3 on the inside, 1 on the outside) I even tried 4 on the inside and none on the outside (around the block) and still got rub. I tightened everything but I can’t get the rub to stop. I called Evolve and they said to check motor mount fasteners and they’re fine so I really don’t know what to do. The board has already been sent back for a bad motor controller so I don’t really want to loose it for another 2 weeks. Also the wheels are blowing themselves to pieces. Evolve said they will replace the wheels but I can’t help but think this will happen again. They look worse than my Boosted V2 D+ wheels which have gone 500+miles and these new Evolve 97s have barely gone 100mi. I might have to get the flywheels but I don’t like the green.

TLDR; anyone else running the Evolve 97s and getting rub/know a fix?

Got a picture of the rub?

Evolve’s wheels are prone to chunking. Genuine Flywheels can be dyed. I recommend iDye Poly.

Can anyone tell me if evolve gt Mountainboard tires are better balanced than mbs 8 inch roadies? I bought mbs and am going to return them. I really wanted to keep the extra 25mm for speed but will sacrifice it for balanced tires. Without the 200x50 tires being balanced it is pointless to have it…

Sorry for bumping the thread. Anyone knows which length belt is needed for the Evolve Bamboo GT with a 38T wheel pulley? The standard 32T seems to use a HTD5M 250mm length 15mm width.

260-5M-15 works

Thank you :slight_smile: