Evolve Bamboo GT

Did you find any evidence for the range Besides the publish claim of 20 mile

Now I’m not so certain I made the right choice as there are many users reporting 10min shut downs even on regular use and opted for refunds :frowning: here is the thread

what did evolve say about this ?

lets invite them here to respond publicly to this , i am sure there is some explaining to do here.

They won’t. Jeff stopped responding online years ago. Maybe the distributors will though

fyi, I’ve done an hour+ - more than 10 miles, no problem.

I wouldn’t say many users. I’ve been constantly following any news and reviews about the bamboo and carbon gt. Still very few reviews. Your quote was from one disgruntled user who had a bad experience, and was referring to the carbon gt, not bamboo.
I have seen a YouTube video of a user showing he had a motor issue (bamboo), which should be clearly covered by warranty. He also reported poor wheels balance on AT, but that’s all I’ve really found.

I would wait and see.

Mike ,was this 10Mile on AT or street wheels ?

You really should have stopped reading after “it’s going to catch fire.” They obviously had a bad experience, but they keep making statements like that as if they are fact, when they are not. I’m still trying to find “soda can butter metal” on the periodic table too :joy: Anyway, wait for your board to arrive and come to your own conclusions, I’ve had my bamboo GT for the last week and ridden it over an hour every day with no issues at all. Any product will have people that love it and people that hate it, just don’t get swayed by the over the top emotional statements and make your own conclusions.

3 Likes

Grunta keep posting great videos , you are our one of the few feed for starving bamboo wannabizzzzzz ,i would have let Evolve respond to all this i am sure they will stand behind their product even if its not perfect ,and with no perfect solution to those issues ,ausie boards or not this is top of the line and you always have glitches with cutting edge stuff.

1 Like

I thought the battery was different. So potentially less issues. @BoardSportsRN Dont get too narky. They refunded you and its clear there are some issues with GT in certain circumstances of use.

1 Like

And how am I annoying you? Every single post you have made, as insulting as it is to others, claiming how smart you are and others and below you trying to join some circle jerk…just a tip…if you claim to be an “intelligent person”… Your likely not…just an angry sad one.

Grow up and act like an adult…you get treated that way.

1 Like

Don’t be too sure about that. Jeff definitely reads up on forums and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is reading everything in here, he just doesn’t reply or participate. He replied on reddit a couple a days ago when I posted a comment about a hill climb comparison video that was posted (to which boosted replied, and then Jeff participated in that convo since Sanjay from boosted was trying to say evolve video may be biased).

1 Like

I also noticed that. Has anyone tried to invite him to join the community here (if he isn’t here already) to maybe discuss these issues?

If they are using a smaller battery with a smaller max current draw, then the voltage sag might increase compared to the Carbon.

This is why I like A123 LiFePO4 cells. They can release up to 70A each…

Also, limiting the acceleration on the GT would probably help with the volt sag.

@Nismo

2 Likes

this was on 97mm abecs. also i have the carbon gt, not the bamboo.

here’s the trip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H-UQ2-HWP8ZGN5WVpVOWViMXM