Evolve Bamboo GT

Can only speak for myself. Never had a lost connection while moving.

My location is a small city/ suburbs- so relatively low radio spectrum intererance in comparison to a mega-city.

I’ve had two occasions when it hasn’t paired when I’ve turn the board and remote on. In perspective, that would be less than 1% of the time, and was fixed by restarting the board.

If I did a risk assessment on the GT remote connection based on my experience, I would assess it to have a low probability of failure. I’ve seen nothing to suggest it is a broad issue.

It will be a good board but the flex isn’t as flexy as the boosted board. But should be better than carbon.

My personal dislike about the evolves are their double kingpin trucks. Besides that they seem to hit the check marks.

Now that they are releasing the bamboo, I feel like they could have differentiated the two boards better by focusing on the carving on the bamboo Gt, and performance on the carbon Gt. Put the double king pins on the bamboo Gt for flexy surf-like carve, more stable trucks (and larger motors) on the carbon Gt for speed and off-road. Then they probably would have captured a wider market, and appealed more to the performance dudes.

2 Likes

I think the Boosted Dual plus 2.0 is a good riders board for feel and comfort due to the loaded deck, and can go on planes. Not cheap though. Did you consider that for your partner as well. Would be lighter than a Bamboo GT as well I would have thought.

Does any one know which DECK they use on the “Bamboo” GT , … is it another company’s board or is it made by Evolve ??

Yeah, all good points mate. Considered it but it came down to cost and range (and a little to do with Australian vs US for any warranty issues). I imagine the boosted 2.0 is lighter too. $1400 aud and 25km+ for the bamboo swung it in their favor. The air travel is actually important to us, but we would use them less that way than long rides at home.

I believe it is made by them. It looks like a blank deck with some graphics. Try looking on customskateboards.com

1 Like

Hi guys, Been lurking for a few weeks, but finally signed up. I’ve got a Bamboo GT on order and it looks like they’ve arrived at Evolve HQ. Anyone else ordered one? I’m getting pretty excited, this’ll be my first e-board

Id be interested to see the real world range tests. 20km isnt all that great these days, but for the price and the 2in 1 its a good deal if long range isnt a high priority.

I think it’s a claimed 35kms, not 20.

Sorry just looked, 35kms on street, 20kms on AT.

Yeah that sounds better. Thought that wasnt correct, but they only showed the 20km range stat on the 2-1. Then I think the Bamboo GT hits a sweet spot for price, range, speed, and it looks great as well.

Evolve Bamboo GT unboxing

For anyone that’s interested

Anyone seen a real range test for bamboo ,can’t find one out and really want to see it,do not believe it till I see it after dealing with boosted hype and vague range claims all over want to see a real user feedback

So there have been a few unboxing videos, where are the first rides?! What do people think? I’m so starved for info on this thing, and I’m sure many others are… if you have one, please share videos/opinions/everything!

2 Likes

I don’t have any videos yet, but I’ve had mine for about a week and I love it. The thing just carves! It’s my first electric board, so I can’t really compare it to any others, but I’m in love with the way it handles. It feels like a snowboard when you get it moving side to side, so nice, puts a big grin on your face. I haven’t been on an specific long range rides yet, mainly just carving around my neighbourhood, so can’t comment on range yet. But so far it’s a big thumbs up from me

I was going to get one of these because of the supposedly 50km range that it has but after electric wave’s video on YouTube stating that it overheats only after 10min of riding is a real bummer. He mentions it 6:02 into the video as one major con. The Boosted board 2 looks great and with a 12.2 mile range or 19.5km is not too shabby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shBHh1GRIEc

It’s pretty flexy

1 you wont get 12m out of boosted ,since they dont ship this battery you get it with the 7 mile range battery , as a boosted owner i tell you the 7 is really a 4.5 ,and the 4.5 is really a 2.5 when you go uphill in pro . the overheat he was talking about is true but did you look how this guy ride , he is crazy good and going sliding like its a snowboard ,1 you wont have those issue if you dont ride like him on grass and off road ,and for sure you wont have this problem if you get boosted since it CANNOT do this , if you all about range boosted isnt for you , bigger battery is not here its a hoax ,not in prod yet ,buy now get it with old battery ,and 4 months from now you get the bigger one ,EVOLVE is the only game to play here ,loved the boosted for 2 weeks now i need something better

Thx for the info I pre-ordered the Evolve Bamboo GT after more online research…I wanted the speed primarily and the distance is great too.