Europe GB - CLOSED!

I think that this is a group buy and we need to solve this as a group, for the best of it and Ajay, we cannot ask Ajay to weigh or measure the volume of each package and make the calculation for each one. This will make a huge delay to get out the goods, in my opinion I think it’s a better solution to pop up 10 bucks each and go on. Please consider it just like an opinion, I will be up for the best of the group. Cheers guys and happy new year!!!

3 Likes

If the batteries are what is causing the price to rocket on the carriage, is it fair that those that bought a small cheap light order get to subsidise this?

Yes it is - since the small orders still profited from the total order volume and therefore cheaper prices.

1 Like

Whatever @ajaynagra propose I will contribute. What Im saying, let just put faith in him :slight_smile:

I would have to disagree to an extent. If someone has only ordered a set of wheels for 29e and is then asked for an additional 10e to cover postage for someone elses batteries then I think they would be rightly annoyed.

There are 2 problems to solve.

Paypal issues.

I think anyone that has not paid by friends and family needs to either increase the amount that they have sent with @ajaynagra to advise each person individually. Alternatively could they be refunded the full amount and resend it via F&F?

Postage issues. I think yinnons suggestion is pretty solid. If the major cost is being caused by batteries then some kind of share across the board but not wholly by the battery buyers seems fair. If we could know the split of wheel, truck and battery orders then we could work out a spread that people are happy with?

Norcs

2 Likes

If everyone just pays an extra 10% to his/her order total then everyth8ng should work out fine…

I’m down for paying a bit extra since the deal was already very good.

1 Like

That sounds sense to me, work out the percentage cost and everyone can work out their own and pay up!

I’d agree with everyone paying 10% or 10$ whatever works out for you . This would be my first group buy I’m participating in and I did not know/read it at all.

With all respect, I’m glad someone is doing this for the community. However I do not think this is done with the highest degree of professionalism… I’ve seen some other group buys which tackle this with offering full transparency. I think everyone here agrees if you make some profit to cover for your work and troubles. So no need to keep everything so tight.

I feel like there was too much information left and it all came together after several hundred posts. Specific information about the parts,… .All information should be available in the top post. Like how this all will go down. What steps you are taking and so on… More important though. The deadlines should be clear to keep the estimated shipping times. Since the parts aren’t going to arrive by anyone before late January(est. shipping was late December)

Anyway :smile: just a little constructive critisicm of mine. No hard feelings though. Maybe some things you can integrate next time.

This hasnt been the perfect situation for me either previous group buys were quite professional but this one got big very quickly during holiday/exam season im happy that i have learnt from this and next time there shouldnt be any repeated isues

What it does sense to me is that we buy as a group for the benefit of that. No one did know about the shipping cost it will increase in such amount. Then if I should pay 38 extra bucks I will say I don’t want that, I want my money back I’m not interested. If is more people in the situation the group falls down, and no one will have the advantage of group buy. No one will have the goods before Chinese new year. Not to mention the headache will have Ajay for help us out with the group and now we are asking to splitting everything. Nice “group” btw. Agree with that, the group, could be better organised. But sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. The percentage option doesn’t have any sense, just inmo. This was just an example about group buy, if I need to pay this 38 bucks I will do it.

I took the liberty to prepare a spreadsheet with the three options for paying for the shipping that where proposed:

1. By shipping costs - 3$ for wheels, 5$ for tracks, 38$ for battery
  2. By price (10% of the total)
  3. Fixed (10$ each)

There seem to be a big difference in how the payment will spread and even on the sum. Let me know what you think.

Thanks you beat me to it, ill see what everyone thinks of it, dont know about 10% since some people will pay 70e

np, my small contribution :slight_smile: BTW: the same person who will pay 70$ under the 10% option will pay 90$ under the “36$/pack option”, but if that is the true cost of the packs,… that might be fair (as others have said)

People with only remotes/vesc $5, 10$ for the ones with trucks/wheels, and $15 for the ones with batteries. Or everybody $10 fixed. Thats the least painful option for everyone.

1 Like

How about 5%? According to yinnon’s calculations 10% is way too much.

1 Like

I already exceeded my budget of about 200 euros, 10€ more wouldn’t be a problem, 40€ may be, since I’m just 16 y/o and don’t have a regular income. If somebody have bought two batteries, 80 euros more could kill his budget and he may have to delete his order, while 10 euros each wouldn’t kill any body’s and even the small orders, adding 10 euros, are still the best prices out there.

1 Like

Added littlem39’s suggestion as option 4

Yes but it would not be fair to people who ordered few small stuffs and helped whole group to get lower prices… It turns out that small orders (wheels , pulleys etc) are paying for expensive battery shipping that somebody else ordered… My suggestion is. If batteries are problem then peoples with battery orders should pay the bigger part of that added shipping cost , everyone else with smaller-lighter parts should pay less… Maybe something like 15$ per battery pack and lets say 3% of total parts worth for everything else? Peoples with only smaller and lighter parts should only pay 3% of total amount… Ofcourse if that is not enough you can always adjust the percentages and battery shipping cost so the total summ covers your extra expenses

4 Likes

I only ordered a set of wheels. So I should pay now 12,24 pounds plus 10 dollars for shipping? I would never have paid for this deal! That’s not new, that shipping for batteries is expensive, I wonder that this wasn’t clear.

Yeah , thats why i suggested something like 3% for light non dangerous parts… So the guys with cheaper orders dont get robed … And something like 15-20$ for guys who ordered heavy dangerous goods since they are mostly responsible for added shipping cost…