eSkate Lights thread

150 feet in the skittle flavors? Were you planning to do a line of Men’s and Women’s RAVE clothing?

I got some to experiment with using it on my Subaru for a night RallyCross race, but they had different lengths and colors on sale for uber cheap on Amazon, and well, I got a little carried away. Kind of like this whole eSk8 thing. I think I might have a problem. :smiling_imp:

I wanted to do a lot more to my car, but I ran out of time. I also found that little squares of clear gorilla tape every foot or two hold the wire in place very well and don’t interfere with light output.

4 Likes

Yeah…it’s like accent lighting…could come in handy

Haha… Not really but it would totally freak people out…if you were on a board like a light bulb hahah

I think I’m gonna grab some and see what I could do with it …

2 Likes

Pelican cases I drag them right across speed bumps with barely a scratch. The clearance sucks but they’re strong enough that it hasn’t mattered yet. The white tape in that pic is covering holes where I had a small fan sitting on risers to keep the air flowing but all internal. I’m still working out how to stay dust proof and get fresh air to the ESC.

What about a small dust filter? Would that work?

Heat hasn’t been an issue yet so I’m not too worried about it. I’ve considered a PC fan dust filter but haven’t started looking for a 40mm fan/filter combo. The real issue with my fan is that it broke in a week because of how hard I ride.

or a dremel and some clear resin… oh snap! Inlaid lighting!

Ur reading my mind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thinking of making a TRON inspired board

1 Like

Oh boy, can’t wait to see that! With a little routing and artistic talent, you could probably do any kind of line drawn design that you want. And if I’m not mistaken, I think you can splice different colors together to make one single multi colored strand. Wish I had more time and talent to try this myself. I’ll probably just wire up a night riding suit like those guys in the pic you posted.

Ah, yes. Pelican cases are nice. I was looking at those, but they all seemed to big. I guess the one you linked is probably the lowest profile case available for our purposes?

I’ve never used it… So I shall see…I’ve making one for someone … We are using RGB lights on it…but if it EL wire works … Think it would be a great accent…but def not bright enough to provide light for riding. …

And talent you have my friend…you built a board didn’t you? Really not many people can say that they have…

Experiment with the lights and tools on hand…I’m sure you can create something totally pimp :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

@Mobutusan The 1040 size gives better clearance but I couldn’t find one wide or long enough to fit batteries in. This is my other case.

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy and fun to work with, but it’s not winning any awards for excessive brightness. It looks cool, but definitely for aesthetics only, and not for illuminating anything else.

And thanks for the encouragement! I have built a board. And then another board, and then another board, then an experimental combination of two old boards, and uh oh, its happening again. Lol. Shit, I’m only like two months into this hobby. :fearful:

I will definitely do some tinkering, and may have to learn how to router just because of this. Great, more tools, research and money. My wife is going to hate me.

1 Like

@Mobutusan … In the same boat … Don’t worry … She hates the game…not the playa’…PLAYA’ :facepunch:t2::joy:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this!

So beautiful lights, it that led?

@Michaelinvegas Figured I’d follow up on this mini mod. Added the USB module with no problems. Highly doubt I’ll be using it to charge my phone but if I ever ride out with you in Vegas I’ll have some plug and play options. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281881146276

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y-Servo-Extension-Lead-Splitter-Works-With-Futaba-/271511790831?hash=item3f375d24ef:g:VpMAAOxyF0pTjNZn

2 Likes

I@RunPlayBack Hahah…hey if your hangin…not riding and running out of battery as your sip your coffee macchiato while wearing Ray bans …I can see how the usb could come in handy…lol

We can plan something better mate…for another time…I know NAB…it’s too busy

…slowly connecting with othe esk8 … Was able to meet and ride with @thisrealhuman and will be trying to meet up tonight at the Zappos Ride Shop event today … Need people with boards out here lol …

Hope the next time I’ll have an extra for you to use if you can’t bring your own (no mass produced boards)…my goal is have two or three on hand…maybe one of you guys really wanna cruise Vegas but is can’t bring your board…hope in the future we can all meet up for a ride :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes