eSkate Lights thread

Think … Car…Quadcopter…led…

Just start pulling up random stuff…eBay is good place to start

Here … I’ll make your life easy…

Think 12v

Good luck mate hope you post your ride :facepunch:t2:

Got my RC Lighthouse kit running. Hells yeah!

Brake lights! Plug and play, did precisely shit to get these working. Now to make housings that kick serious ass.

18 Likes

awesome break lights :smile:

Where do you get these kits?

a company called RC Lighthouse sells RC car lighting kits for 8th and 10th scale model cars on Amazon. They’re plug and play and some kits come with blinkers! They even have police car light kits so you can pull over other eboarders and write them tickets for lack of steez.

They go between the ESC and receiver, so they pick up the signal and know what to do with it. Reverse triggers a brighter red light when currently moving forward. For the turn signal kits i’m pretty sure the wheel triggers it, which would finally give the GT2B wheel some purpose for eboarders.

This is basically the same kit since RC Lighthouse seems to be out or not listing thiers. This kit comes with housings for the head lights, mine didn’t, but mine was also half the price so i hope they come back soon. http://www.amazon.com/Integy-Hobby-BAJ168-Complete-Control/dp/B006957TRW/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1459693237&sr=1-10&keywords=rc+brake+lights

7 Likes

and there’s also this much smaller kit that might provide a little more flexibility at half the price of my kit:

Im very much the novice to all these things. Is there a vid on what you did. Ie where you plugged into esc and receiver ports. Would help others as well.

would be great with matching glowing pants . USD $570ish ???

USD$790~$890 for just ONE full suit ???

these chinamen are making money $$$$$$$$$

think i just make it myself .

Bwhahahahah … Why stop there … lightly tighties

1 Like

i might do a video on this, but this plugs into your receiver where your ESC did, then your ESC plugs into this. its just like using an extension cord.

1 Like

Off topic question… what motors do u have running in this setup?

NTM Prop Drives, 5060 270kv. Arguably damned fine motors for 6S and 8S and i kind of want to try them on 10S just for shits and giggles at some point, but that’s probably pushing it.

do you know if this will work with the wiiceiver?

Yeah it should work just as well with a wiiceiver.

1 Like

I’m trying to do a simple lighting mod and there’s a few different ways to accomplish this but I was hoping to get some input from the lighting experts in here. So I got this compact, ultra bright dimmable USB light stick and I wanted to run 5v power from the VESC into a mountable female USB port that I would mount onto my enclosure. This is for a single VESC setup. My goal is to have a removable, plug and play lighting option that doesn’t attract much attention and doesn’t draw too much power. Any suggestions on what I would need?

2 Likes

This … Well something like this

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/271749284196

Well that USB stick requires a regular USB out not mini. What about these? Is it possible to split the PPM wire from the VESC to both the receiver and this module?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y-Servo-Extension-Lead-Splitter-Works-With-Futaba-/271511790831?hash=item3f375d24ef:g:VpMAAOxyF0pTjNZn

I don’t see why not…the LEDs really don’t draw unless you make ufos like me

1 Like

Haha yeah I know, I’m not at that level yet. I use to go pretty nuts with my LED’s on my FPV quadcopters and would only get like 5 minutes of flight time before my low voltage alarm would go off lol.