eSkate Lights thread

scroll up the thread

4 Likes

That’s what got me thinking :slight_smile:

I’m thinking swivel on a mount, the mount is attached to the remote as if the remote is a bike handlebar

1 Like

What about something like this, but with a gimbal :joy: A bit excessive, but the light would always be facing where you want it to.

1 Like

Hey guys how about this? It’s cheaper than some of the other production solutions I’ve seen, and the battery is rechargeable. Plus, the actual product itself looks awesome! http://kck.st/29YPMhA

1 Like

Measure the diameter of the remote first then find a swivel at home Depot or something then you could mount it that way https://www.google.com/search?q=gopro+swivel+mount&sa=X&biw=360&bih=560&tbs=vw:l&tbm=shop&srpd=916621344656308443&prds=num:1,of:1,paur:ClkAsKraXyWC7RQIt7yaZOj6aipJenzGMLDX-zxoV-Xi5AQNv2B3mNeC2eK4_qwdmHhGL2p1ju1fdWqLElmc6Ef_uPpvS3BXAsted90HExkW3c67vN9wXX2_qxIZAFPVH72kz5amt5dpTKTwWLxjFchOGJ6XJQ&ved=0ahUKEwiFs_bMm4HOAhWBzIMKHT99BPgQgjYIqwQwDQ&ei=d_-OV8WbIIGZjwS_-pHADw

I’m borrowing a broken enertion remote from @michaelcpg to get dementions http://www.trademe.co.nz/1126611611 is something like this useful to modify to fit an enertion remote

Did anyone managed to get working brake lights? I bought one of those G.T. Power LED systems for a rc-car/truck. And the red lights do come on when i brake, but they don’t go off any more…

Loving Georgia nights with lights.

3 Likes

Yeah baby!!

Finally put my rear lights on the Raptor. From AliExpress Soul Travel store, but other sellers available there.

Was actually $25.50 US free postage.

Features, IPX4 waterproof, rechargeable 2000mAh battery, led rear light, turn indicators, various light modes, day/night auto detect on / off, lazer lights, wireless remote.

Was going to strap on the remote to back of steeve controller. The light needs a modified mouting bracket which I made of an aluminium C section and mounted on riser. Once mounted it cant be taken off without unscrewing it from bracket.

Can be turned in via side button on light or remote. Charger portt is in bottom of light via mini usb port.

7 Likes

Knightrider style. Excellent.

1 Like

This looks pretty sweet. Can you take a few pics of your mounting configuration?

Will do. Tried to keep it simple. Its just a small aluminium C channel that slots into the C bracket of the light bracket. The 2 C section is connected by the screw and nut of the original bracket. Then 1 screw into riser at back. Picture would help. Will try when home and also confirm size of aluminium bracket. Just need to paint bracket black when I have the time.

1 Like

Check that braket often …always had issues with lights with brackets … They seem to eventually fail due to the vibrations…

Only just put them on, but agree. The light has a plastic bracket which is a weak point and also the screw to the riser may loosen. Need to put some locktite on and was thinking of connecting a wire tether to light itself. Already lost a kicktail plate because it only came 3m taped. The board takes alot of vibration.

@Adam0311

4 Likes

Much appreciated! Been doing way more night riding than I thought I would…this seems like a good investment.

1 Like

If your riding on the road I suggest a hi vis jacket and also some good lights up front so you can watch out for any bumps. Slowet speeds recommended as you just dont know what you can hit.

I just brought a 1m long section of aluminium channel anspd cut it to size. Really smple and used a wood screw to fix to riser. Needs testing though as to how long it will stay in the board though. Theres alot of vibration. Will keep you posted on reliability.

Looks good man, but yeah, vibration will likely take the best of it. I would suggest if you have some scrap metal layin around to make a plate with same holes as the risers and put it in between them. One question though, are you still able to kick your tail all the way down?