eSkate Lights thread

I use a small flashlight that uses 1 18650 batery,…300 Lumens for 4 hrs

2 Likes

How is it attached?

Made a diy holder that attaches to board with kinda like velcro, but snaps together.

Using a Neopixel Ring could also achieve some nice results

6 Likes

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=13671&p_catid=278&ratesortby=New#.V2Nsh_T3anM

3 Likes

Bought one of these. Will be able to review once my build is complete :slight_smile: Would you guys mount this on top or below the deck?

@Luke Im yet to install mine. Was going to make a modified bracket and fix onto riser somehow. Ideally you still want to be able to take it off. So I was also going to cut up the bracket that the light connnects to. Be interested to see your install. To bottom. The front lights however are better above the deck to get better range of light.

hard to explain exactly how I want to install it but it involves 360 degrees of velcro around the unit, velcro directly above the light on the bottom end of the deck, and then a strap securing it Will appriciate any ideas, If it helps I plan to set this onto a drop though deck

Testing out some new tail lights.

5 Likes

In Sweden we have laws against flashing lights. They have to be white and red with no flashing.

2 Likes

I would love though the old night rider front lights :grin:

Turned out these were too fragile and I’ve broken 2 of them so far (once on the runaway board, no surprise there, and the other the lens got torn off somewhere - possibly while being loaded/unloaded in the truck) so I’m going to a more robust housing.

DougM

Nice deck and wheel combo. 93 dia?

1 Like

Thanks @Dedbny!

It’s a clutch drop dog with 90mm abec 11 flywheels

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the same light that has been posted above by torqueboards and @RunPlayBack excluding the track mounting adaptor?

Really nice idea but 100$ (looking at you KS campaign) for 2 lights that are the same or similar to lights that can be found for ~20$ on ebay and on amazon sound expensive.

Yes it is and I’m using it, is quite practical.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, this is the same light to begin with and they work great. However, what I have found is the mounting post and clip are not strong enough and eventually break. The campaign is set up to fund the modifications to these components to make them strong enough to endure the rigors of skating. The modified lights will be included in reward along with the mounting brackets. I understand that seems expensive but getting custom molds made for the new parts is very costly.

What about www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1HPV4ZSS4DAOJ/ how would I connect it to 12s it says if it doesn’t pass 3.5a it’s safe at higher volt http://www.instructables.com/id/100w-Led/#comment and then I’m curious about hooking 12v led with step down, should I get two step downs? One for chip and one for led, seems like it would stress the battery.

I am thinking of holding the front lights attached to the remote, i saw that someone used lights to wave at oncoming traffic. I like that… Im getting an enertion steez remote, what do people think of this: (I’m left handed) and the top one would be swiveling on an axis, maybe like what bike lights use to rotate if possible, otherwise the simpler version below with a regular flashlight. https://scontent.fakl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13814984_1041469135889431_658627520_n.jpg?oh=251c5ad664d4a45210eda556c83a4eb5&oe=578F72F2

@Luke I like that idea where would it swivel though if you’re holding the light? On the controller itself or a mount with quick release?